DAIHATSU Sportrak 1.6 ELXi SE & VAUXHALL Frontera

Warlock

If it is made here it isnt Jap :hmm:

The reason they are so unreliable is because they were made here and not in Japan.

the frontera wasnt made in the uk ... i worked for vaux and there is only 2 plants in the uk and not one made the frontera .. izuzu did make it

• 3 weeks later...

I have a little sportrak with green lane macho tyres on and it very rarely even needs to go into 4WD these days unless its seriously boggy, they are fairly dated now but are a good shooting bus as long as you don't need to carry more than one mate. I have removed the rear seats and most of the bolts that hold the roof on so I can get it off in a couple of minutes.

You can get a lot of car for your money with the frontera and they are fine of muddy tracks but I have seen a few examples in my garage that have become unreliable money pits after serious off road use, most common has been fuel pump faults after a dip in water. General servicing is cheap though unless its the V6 later version.

• 2 weeks later...

on the sportrack make sure that the rocker cover is unbroken where the bolts go through it-the little lugs that have the bolt holes in are a weak spot-most diy mechanics snap em off and result in an oil leak.These covers are no longer available and a breaker is very unlikely to sell you one seperatly-thats if you can find one in a breakers.Incedentley-daihatsu were the first japanese cars to be introduced into the u.k.