New Ghillie Suit

steve_b_wales

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ermmm unless i`m missing something you`re hunting a bird, not on counter sniper operations, i can quite happily achieve the same goal wearing gloves, stealth surplus camo jacket and trousers, sniper scrim and camo scrim strips sent from a pal posted in the canadian sniper school, oh and a bit of camo paint, takes me a few minutes to tweak the camo. seems alot easier and cheaper thn buying a ghillie suit.

I had a ghillie suit from www.bduimports.com for the head piece it's best to use a bush hat or any wide brimmed type hat,i use my old army one because it has foliage loops all the way round it.Just get some para cord or something similar and tie the head piece on.The wide brim keeps the material off your face,but still hides it.

• 1 month later...

good suits lads,ive been using ghillie suits through my army carrer and still to this day use them helps with the shape,shine,shaddow,sillouette,sound and movement,when stalking, if they can fool man they certainly fool animals. i have bought a few from the states over past few yrs also from uk,this is a good site to look for one,aswell as what the boys have bought from USMC

www.johnmacuk.com

he will make one to your liking and ground/terrain that you shoot/stalk on.

Mick

Ermmm unless i`m missing something you`re hunting a bird, not on counter sniper operations, i can quite happily achieve the same goal wearing gloves, stealth surplus camo jacket and trousers, sniper scrim and camo scrim strips sent from a pal posted in the canadian sniper school, oh and a bit of camo paint, takes me a few minutes to tweak the camo. seems alot easier and cheaper thn buying a ghillie suit.

Unfortunatly we don't all have sniper friends to send us nice things though. Plus think of the convienience: you dont have to buy a hide so you'll save money there as a decent hide costs over £55 poles and all, you don't have to lug the hide around a field til you find your spot. You don't have to go through the hassle of taking a hide down, and setting it up again in another spot if the birds are coming in somewhere else.

Worth an investment i'd say, let us know how you get on with it!

here im wearing one of them jack pyke leaf suits, which i find a very good alternative to a full ghillie suit, very light,drys quick when wet,can be put on or off in secs and rolled up to a small size. for when stored away in back pack.you get face mask,gloves,trousers and jkt. think it all cost me about 90-100 quid,but well worth the spend, depends where im shooting for what cammo i wear.and also rifle cammed up leaving bolt free and mag housing,nothing worse than getting cloth stuck in the action.

mick

FRONT

SIDE

Edited by mickyfinn

here im wearing one of them jack pyke leaf suits, which i find a very good alternative to a full ghillie suit, very light,drys quick when wet,can be put on or off in secs and rolled up to a small size. for when stored away in back pack.you get face mask,gloves,trousers and jkt. think it all cost me about 90-100 quid,but well worth the spend, depends where im shooting for what cammo i wear.and also rifle cammed up leaving bolt free and mag housing,nothing worse than getting cloth stuck in the action.

mick

FRONT

SIDE

them pics are mad , where did you get the rifle cam from ?