New Ghillie Suit

steve_b_wales

<_< Those has been out some time now.We thought about buying them for our gillies/keepers..But on a trial we found that to bring gun to shoulder,standing or sat,you would have trouble. In a laid down stalking position you may have the same "tightness" and the excess "camo" will slow the free movement of the "raise up".Still they have their uses in the field for"concealment etc" They were of course MEANT for and DESIGNED for a Gillie,walking the his river beat..A.J.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is good for the money. You can make them if you have the time. If you have a old pair of cotton overalls and some old camo gear that you don't use. You can cut some strips of material from the old camo gear and if you have some old sandbags or hessian use them too. Use a wire brush on the material to rough it up a bit, then use a glue gun to stick them on, no stitching here!!. I'm not saying it will be as good but if you don't have the money it is a good alternative.

Shabby

Hi Toby, my ghillie suit is basically an army dpm pattern jacket and trousers with the burlap etc added on. As said previously, I'm going to wear it over some lightweight clothes.

Be careful if ordering from the USA. No problem with them, it's the Custom's & Excise our end that's the problem.

Any items bought from outside the EU are subject to VAT/Tax. If the item is valued at £18 or more, then VAT is added. On top of that, the Post Office will add £8.75 for 'handling fees'

Cheers

Steve

Highlander. You don't 'walk around' in these suits. You sit/stand/lie still. :yes::lol: I am going to use mine where there are trees just to the edge of a very large field. By blending in with the background, I will be able to get an extra 8 yards closer to my quarry (crows)

Edited by steve_b_wales

Highlander. You don't 'walk around' in these suits. You sit/stand/lie still. :good::lol: I am going to use mine where there are trees just to the edge of a very large field. By blending in with the background, I will be able to get an extra 8 yards closer to my quarry (crows)

He obviously don`t know how you use it Steve. :oops:

Highlander. You don't 'walk around' in these suits. You sit/stand/lie still. :good::oops: I am going to use mine where there are trees just to the edge of a very large field. By blending in with the background, I will be able to get an extra 8 yards closer to my quarry (crows)

Bloody hell boy - How do you think farmers coped without gillie suits, high powered rifles and night vision scopes for the last 200 years?