Using your gun mounted lamp with IR filter for extended Night Vision

moneyhaw

Hi

I ve got a deben pro max gun lamp and i just bought an IR filter for it to use with a gen1 scope add on night vision.

Anybody using lamps with IR filters? I put my filter on and turned on the lamp in a dark room and saw there was quite a red glow from it, also there is alot of heat, anyone any ideas on how long it is safe to leave the lamp on before it would burn out?

thanks

Hi

I ve got a deben pro max gun lamp and i just bought an IR filter for it to use with a gen1 scope add on night vision.

Anybody using lamps with IR filters? I put my filter on and turned on the lamp in a dark room and saw there was quite a red glow from it, also there is alot of heat, anyone any ideas on how long it is safe to leave the lamp on before it would burn out?

thanks

I use the Max with IR filter and a Yukon NV. you may find that the IR it to bright so a dimmer is needed. I have used up a 3.4Ah battery with no ill effects on the lamp. Im going to make up a bracket as it gets to be a pain trying to hold the lamp, NV and caller all in one go.

on a bright night you can see for ever. in dark you just need the lamp on about half power and you can see as far as the beam reaches. my mate couldn't believe it lastnight when charlie bashing. one quick call and he spotted one about 400mtrs away running straight at us. as soon as the yellow lamp came on for the shot it was off and running.

very surprised at how far you can see.

Phil

Hi

Got the yukon nv scope add on kit a few days ago, first night everything was just a haze and i thought what a load of ****, but once i got the focus sorted it was much better, last hight i spotted rabbits out to about 150 yrds, going to see if i can manage to shoot some of them next, i would say a good ir illuminator is essential and the deben pro max gun lamp with ir filter works a threat.

Hi

Got the yukon nv scope add on kit a few days ago, first night everything was just a haze and i thought what a load of ****, but once i got the focus sorted it was much better, last hight i spotted rabbits out to about 150 yrds, going to see if i can manage to shoot some of them next, i would say a good ir illuminator is essential and the deben pro max gun lamp with ir filter works a threat.

Hi Moneyhaw

Was thinking of doing a bit of night shooting my-self,

Have you any pictures and where did you get your equipment :good:

hi harrysbird

i bought a yukon nightvision add on for my day scope, it alone is not bad and comes with a bigger 100w illuminator, but i have a gun mounted lamp (deben pro max) i bought a infra red filter for it and it trows out a beam which is invisable to the naked eye, if you look straight into the lamp you get a red glow which is very dull, anyhow this makes up for gen 1 nigh vision, to cut a long story short you can buy the kit on ebay for just over £200 it comes frome ukraine and takes about a week, i`ve tryed mine out and am well plased shot maybe 10 rabbits tonight.

cheers

Hi mate,

I use a Cobra Merlin NV monocular with day scope adaptor. Also, on the scope, I have a Cluson Blaserlite attached with the lamp bracket. I have fitted a IR filter to the lamp. When switched on at night, the whole field lights up to baout 170 yards. There is a red glow and heat coming from the filter, but that's normal.

Edited by steve_b_wales

hi harrys bird

If like me you want to take the cheapest possible route then you need to buy this item

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Day-Night-Vision-Rif...A1%7C240%3A1318

It will come with a extra illuminator light, get that gear and report back for further instructions

Will let you know when i get it, and as i said looking for all the advice i can get :good: