Air Pistol

discreet hunter

the only reasonable air pistol worth considering for hunting is the crossman pump up pistols.Dont buy a new one as the quality is c**p-search out an early model in .22 with the metal breech cover and ask on the airgun bbs website for someone to replace the o-rings and check the power output-the model i think is a 1322 and they can be tuned way over the limit-they are also very accurate. :lol:

:yes: if you're thinking of doing this - make sure you fit a rifle stock to make it legal!!! :oops:

• 1 month later...

Ive got a Beretta 92fs .177 co2 pistol.

I got it mainly for plinking and finishing the pigeons with a shot to the head.

But when i found out there were rats in the shed i decided to take em out i was shooting at 10 metres and it killed them cleanly.

Edited by KillerChef92

i think some of us have to realise there is a difference between hunting and pest/vermin control. If its socially acceptable to use poison and gases to kill these creatures, then in my mind we can shoot them with whatever the hell we want so long as its legal. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a rat with any pistol(probs not a gat though) they are disease carrying vermin as are pigeons.

jesus wept-cant anyone read a post on here anymore without picking it to pieces?-i gave as much info as i can recall on the 1322 crossman and added that they can be tuned way over the limit-dear supersonic-so can any dammed puff gun that you can buy.I didnt suggest that anyone tries it or offer any info on how to do it did i? the only reason for mentioning the fact is that it proves that they can handle UK power levels with ease.Might i suggest that if you have nothing constructive to say then dont waste peoples time with your miserable nit-picking.

jesus wept-cant anyone read a post on here anymore without picking it to pieces?-i gave as much info as i can recall on the 1322 crossman and added that they can be tuned way over the limit-dear supersonic-so can any dammed puff gun that you can buy.I didnt suggest that anyone tries it or offer any info on how to do it did i? the only reason for mentioning the fact is that it proves that they can handle UK power levels with ease.Might i suggest that if you have nothing constructive to say then dont waste peoples time with your miserable nit-picking.

Personally i prefer 'miserable nit-picking' to condoning breaking the law.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Webley Nemesis, which I like a lot. Using the Bisley bullseye targets, I can hit 5's (about the size of an old 50p) about 70% of the time at 40 feet (the other 30% are in the 4-circle). I find the sights a little difficult at that range... I really need a red-dot sight so that the target doesn't get obscured by the sights. The Webley has the dovetailed grooves on the top to add attachments.

I'd be interested to hear about other people's air pistols :good: