What Scope for Those 300 yard shots

pavman

So that's a 16.5" holdover at 300m... Hmm. I think I will try and dig out a yardstick or something to help us a little.

Just thinking about my permission... There are lots of places where I have that much room, there's a pub round the corner and it's not too far from home. But... The farmer might have people out and we might run into dog walkers. I'm sure he would be ok with it though. And, it would be about half way between Zapp and Pavman. You should be ok for it as well MC.

The other option is Barton Road range (which Zapp knows well). As long as we can persuade the club that shoots there to let us go on it, we should be sorted for backstops and distance. From the looks of it, they have a 300/400m shoot there on March the 22nd, but it's not an open day, so we'd have to have a word with them and see what they said. That would be a bit more professional...

Pavman, Zapp. I'll PM you my phone number. Give me a call over the next week or so and we'll have a yarn about it.

If your permish has suitable areas then that sounds good to me, especially as it wouldlnt mean anyone having to trek too far.

Not sure about going to Barton Rd though... the thought of the place freezes my blood! :good:

ZB

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on man! Be strong and try to forget the flashbacks!

The voices... they JUST........WONT..........STOP

fullmetaljacketermey_2.jpg

You'll have to slip me a drugged burger or something to get me there, Mr T style. I aint goin to no Barton Road, fool!

Ok, forget about drugging me, I'll do it for the burger.

ZB

Edited by Zapp Brannigan

They look like Village People :ninja:

Who is going to stand at the 300 yard point to feel how much energy is left if the ronund then?

[and that wasn't a sound of a volunteer BTW]

Stu please hold a 12X12 board up in yer garden in Bucks I will dispatch 5 rounds at 12:30 hrs from Suffolk, please let us know how I get on, would like to get a 6 inch group :rolleyes:

Who is going to stand at the 300 yard point to feel how much energy is left if the ronund then?

now that would be called putting your money where your mouth is :rolleyes:

be interesting I reckon with practice it will be on the board, bring it back to 200 and I reckon wookie with a bit of scope magnification will show the suffolk older generation how its done

now that would be called putting your money where your mouth is :rolleyes:

be interesting I reckon with practice it will be on the board, bring it back to 200 and I reckon wookie with a bit of scope magnification will show the suffolk older generation how its done

and who would that be :ninja:

John Gummer? He's from Suffolk and he's quite old.

Anyway, where were we? Ah yes...

We have a plan! It just needs a little fine tuning, but we have all the makings of a "proper" "scientific" test (note the quote marks). Just a few more phone calls needed to organise things, but I reckon we are good to go.

I will of course be blaming the wind for any bad shooting on my part. Beans play havoc with accuracy.

John Gummer? He's from Suffolk and he's quite old.

Anyway, where were we? Ah yes...

We have a plan! It just needs a little fine tuning, but we have all the makings of a "proper" "scientific" test (note the quote marks). Just a few more phone calls needed to organise things, but I reckon we are good to go.

I will of course be blaming the wind for any bad shooting on my part. Beans play havoc with accuracy.

Wookie are you OK with these questions for MC to allow him to join our gang

1, can you count to 11 or 12 just on your hands

2, Do you love Turnips

3, this is the clincher can you say "I love Rimming with my Rimmy Rimfire mates" without goofing it :good:

Edited by pavman

That turnip question seems a little too close to Harnser's "Norfolk Gang" entry exam (they had to stop the fingers one after people stopped at 3).

Ok, go with those three. if he starts playing up, we can ditch him in Ipswich on a friday night in some crappy bar.

That's quite funny,

2 bods from suffolk making out they are streetwise.

I bet neither of you have ever been to Ipswich after dark.

And in answer to your questions,

1) No I can't, I only have 10 fingers.

2) Turnips are OK but I wouldn't go a sfar as loving them.

3) If you are going to be gay about it then I am not coming

Edited by MC