Power increase Axsor

old rooster

personally i think old rooster has made some fair points, i do think people are a bit quick to jump in this over politically correct world we live in.

what someone decides to do is their own choice and within reason if they choose to do it it's up to them to take the consequences

it gets on my nerves alot when people who dont know what their talking about issue orders, but that's just a pet hate

lay off OR he's done nothing wrong

we still have free speech , well nearly

Ah - I notice that after several posts implying you either don't have or won't get a FAC you STILL haven't posted anything to clarify your position. Until you do make yourself clear I read your posts that you regard the law as "codswallop" and thus not for complying to. I therefore stand by my comments.

Cor Blimey if you're "1 of 5" I hope the other 4 don't start posting on here, we'd be swamped in **** :thumbs: :D:/:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just go for equality, why are the frenchies and germans allowed plus 12ft lb air rifles unlicenced and we are not. If I had the cash i's take this one to the euro high court and, yes i'd win. This restriction is total boll**ks, everyone in shooting knows it. Trouble is we are "controlled" by tossers and for years we've rolled over and died. I guess if they tried to pass a similar law in france there would be complete anarchy, murder for the cause etc. We Britishers ( most) are just a load of poofs, lets face it.

Just because the French and Germans are different don,t make it wright.

How do you stand on the French banning smoking in public place ?

What about the age of consent to gay sex in Gremany.

Or are you picking and chooseing the legislation you want.

Don't matter where you go you will always have a gripe about something.

So don't go on how great it is there because the reply to that is shut the door behind you.

12ft/lb has proven to be able to kill.

So what is wrong with having to get an FAC for higher power if you need it ?

Its not that hard to get an FAC and rifles to shoot even with the legislation that is in place.

The hardest part is getting lots of land to use them on.

Why is that.

Just go for equality, why are the frenchies and germans allowed plus 12ft lb air rifles unlicenced and we are not. If I had the cash i's take this one to the euro high court and, yes i'd win. This restriction is total boll**ks, everyone in shooting knows it. Trouble is we are "controlled" by tossers and for years we've rolled over and died. I guess if they tried to pass a similar law in france there would be complete anarchy, murder for the cause etc. We Britishers ( most) are just a load of poofs, lets face it.

how much would it cost to take it to euro high court?

:thumbs: :D:/

How do you stand on the French banning smoking in public place ?

What about the age of consent to gay sex in Gremany.

Or are you picking and chooseing the legislation you want.

Don't matter where you go you will always have a gripe about something.

So don't go on how great it is there because the reply to that is shut the door behind you.

12ft/lb has proven to be able to kill.

So what is wrong with having to get an FAC for higher power if you need it ?

Its not that hard to get an FAC and rifles to shoot even with the legislation that is in place.

The hardest part is getting lots of land to use them on.

Why is that.

We sent live sheep to France, they burnt them, what did we do about it ?, sweet FA. France let hoards of illegal immigrants pass through their borders and on into this country, what do we do about it ?, sweet FA.

People even believe the government eyewash that the illegal immigrant problem is no real drain on the resources of this country, brainwashed or brain dead :thumbs:.

"12 ftlb has proven to be able to kill", so what are you suggesting in this mamby pamby state that we reduce it to 3 ftlbs ?, better be careful as the gun could still cause damage if used to hit someone over the head.

Try to see past the indoctrination people, think for yourselves !!! thinking isn't even taxed yet !!!

The words for today "responsibility and accountability"

the trouble is there are lot of people out there that arn't responsable.

I didn't say reduce the limit I think it is fine as it is.

Why are you so against obtaining an FAC for an air rifle.

As for your comments on border control you don't know what is being done. A lot has been done and being done to reduce this problem.

Get fed up with the same old, same old,

As for your comments on border control you don't know what is being done. A lot has been done and being done to reduce this problem.

Like What :thumbs:?:D? :/

What ever it is its not enough.

On the subject of 12ft lb I am sure Old Rooster is of a sensible age to take the adequate steps to ensure his uprated Axor is covered by an FAC,

1 of 5 why do you think so ill of him to assume the worst? This in fighting is doing more harm than a Anti reading this Forum. White dont you just hold up a big banner which says old rooster has a illegal airgun. Christ he was only enquiring if any one knew how to uprate his standard Axor Im sure he wasnt looking for a recital of the 10 Commandments.

Now I suggest you offer the olive branch to each other. We have lost enough Members due to postings of Trivia which have escalated out of all proportion.

OR I am sure if you contact Logun they will tell you if the conversion is feasible

As for myself I cant see the point in owning a fac rated air rifle you might just as well get a .17 or .22 rimfire.

Guest Mr Pieman

Cars don't kill people - people do

Knives don't kill people - people do

Guns don't kill people - people do

Unfortunatley, we can't licence people its rather impractical. So, the Government takes the next best option, which is to try and legislate for the tools of the killers.

It sure as hell isn't perfect, but it sure as hell could be much, much worse.

I lost my godson at Dunblane (best friend's boy). There was no option but to ban handguns. Although the 'good' guys suffered, the access to them made things far too easy for the bad guys. It may be relatively easy to get a handgun on the Black market now, but without the ban it would be much, much easier.

People are bad - ban the people

PP

Edited by Mr Pieman

As for myself I cant see the point in owning a fac rated air rifle you might just as well get a .17 or .22 rimfire.

Take your point Mike, it does at least return the thread to my original question. My thoughts were along the lines that:

1) I don't need to then have a seperate lockable ammunition store

2) I don't have a restriction on how much ammunition I can buy or store

3) Ammunition is less expensive

4) I already have the air rifle so don't need to buy another gun

Probably good enough reasons to consider it (IMHO) I was after all only asking if anyone knew where I could find out how to uprate the gun. I'm an engineer so not likely to be doing some dangerous bodged up job, I've the ability to make guns, my late Father was a gunsmith of some repute. I plan at some stage to make myself a pre-charged gun for my own use.

I'd rather people didn't continue with the off topic comments, we're getting nowhere with the political arguments, we have to agree to differ but I sincerely hope that one or two of you might just take a minute or two to actually think where the current trends are taking this country. It's not looking good and I dread to think what we are passing on to our children.

If anybody wants to discuss it further via PM thats welcomed as my comments and fears are heartfelt and 100% genuine. Think some of the older guys know where I'm coming from on this.

• 16 years later...
1 hour ago, Boss H said:

Blah blah blah.... Come on lads n lasses... Didn't we all leave this **** behind us in junior school.

I'd think that quite a few members on here were probably still in junior school when this particular discussion fizzled out 🤔😅 16 year old thread dug up,,,, is this a record 🤣

Some things to think on when we look at the 12 pound rule, its a target and small game/pest control rifle that in law can be used in the bounds of your own land that dose mean with good considerations your own back garden, how much energy would it carry if a target is missed and how much would be carried through small game? you need to think of it as a way to allow it to being open to more use than less as its there to cover a large spectrum of use in a land not of vast open area's, shooting at game both elevated and at ground with fairly good effective reach in mind, also for a long time many gun on the market have been spring guns there was a balance to be made between weight, power, accuracy and easy of use. so the trade off has been ease of ownership more use in more area's of land with a much lower level of law in place than may at first be considered.