Sign in to follow this  
willbick

how long is it ok to leave a springer rifle cocked for?

leave it cocked for a few hours, cant see it doing any harm. just make sure its fired before you leave your shoot, as you would be in bother if pulled. :good:

leave it cocked for a few hours, cant see it doing any harm. just make sure its fired before you leave your shoot, as you would be in bother if pulled. :innocent:

;)

i left my smk19 cocked all night! got into work following day and realized i thought dammit iv knackered it or at least weakened the spring. then flutter flutter a collard pigeon/dove lands in the yard, crack thump skyrat dead the hollow point pellet went through the poor sod in one side of the back and out the other at about 25 yards

A springer should not be left cocked for more than a few mins.

A gas strut on the other hand can be left cocked for a few days also that shouldnt cause any damage.

John

just a point of interest-the gun doesnt have to be cocked to be classed as a loaded firearm by the boys in blue-if theres a pellet in the breach then you are guilty of carrying a loaded firearm despite the fact that its harmless until you cock the thing. :good: