classic double model 90

billywhiz

well i am proberly in the wrong section ;)  so please bear with me .

i am trying to  get some info about a new ( second hand ) shotgun i have just bought . the gun itself is a classic doubles model 90 muilt choke 30 ins barrels and i must say its totaly mint and still pretty tight .

all i know is that are basilcy a wincester  and thats about it .i just wondered if someone out there has or had one ,or any veiws  ( good or bad :)  ) .i must i find it lovly a nice wight but thats how i like big and heavy.also did i pay OTT it cost me 450 quid .

thanks in advance

steveó

I found this..............

What's a "CLASSIC DOUBLES"? In 1987, when Olin Corp. decided to get the rest of the way out of the gun manufacturing business (after having sold the New Haven, Conn. operations to U.S. Repeating Arms), they sold their Japanese factory to a newly formed company - Classic Doubles International. This new firm continued using the same factory, machinery, people, tooling, and designs to produce their versions of the 101 and 23, mechanically near identical, but cosmetically different. Most mechanical parts of the C.D. are identical and interchangeable with the Winchester. Quality and workmanship levels are essentially the same. Due to lack of sufficient sales volume to support the operations, they went bankrupt after about 2 years. Due to limited production of Classic Doubles guns, they are becoming as sought after as the Winchester versions (some variations even more so!).

I,ll poke around some more.