Caesar Guerini stock splitting.

Peter De La Mare

Christ,

where has everyones sense of humour gone? I put a thread about having a recoil reducer fitted and got no end of stick.

There is nothing bitchy about any of my posts, if you think there is then you are the one with the issues not me.

PDLM's caeser is a cracking gun, not really my cup of tea but a cracking gun all the same.

And no my action didn't go rusty, and no you can't see the rib posts poking through the bore. The only problem I have had is a problem with opening and closing it and that was down to me not cleaning it properly. Now I do there is no problem.

PDLM's caeser is a cracking gun, not really my cup of tea but a cracking gun all the same.

Literally a "cracking" gun. Well, a splitting one in any case! Nice metalwork though.

After seeing Mung's weapon on Tuesday, I have to admit that the F3 is a nice looking gun. Very light out of the shoulder too and when put up shoot, it almost seemed to become weightless.

I was there with a couple of friends,shooting. There's a group of five of us altogether,all retired,who visit four local(ish) grounds on a sort of rota basis and Kibworth is one of them. The others are Grimsthorpe,Orston and Pinewood plus a couple of 'straw bale' shoots that I help out at some weekends.

We usually shoot 100 sporting, 50 before and after a bacon butty. I managed a 76. There are usually nine stands on non competition days at Kibworth,so we shoot 50 off the first eight stands,have a break,then shoot another 50.The stand we shot best is replaced by the stand we missed out and we change the order round,ie, we shoot the second bird first so it feels like you have a new set of stands.

Vic.

• 4 months later...