2 Jags gets 2 caravans

old rooster

As it seems acceptable to post a bit of lighthearted humour in this section what about this true story:

Went into the local Chinese restaurant last night to grab a takeaway and happened across a copy of Wednesdays Sun “newspaper”.

In it was a story about 2 Jags Prescott, Parliamentary bullyboy and well known eloquent after dinner speaker.

The story hinged around the massive and ever growing illegal ***** camp in Cambridgeshire. In protest at the inaction of the authorities in getting rid of this blight on the area the Sun took a caravan to each of 2 Jags 2 houses with old sofa’s and scrap iron and set up on the verge outside. To everybody’s amazement plod turned up and they were “moved on” within an hour of setting up camp. Apparently they represented a security risk, so the scum dossing in the rat hole in Cambridgeshire aren’t a security risk to the local community :sly:??.

I had to chuckle with my best Victor Meldrew head on “I don’t believe it Margaret !!!”

On a more sombre note you will all be aware that if Mr. B. Liars mob of loonies get their way new “legislation” will soon be in place forcing local councils to provide permanent sites for ****** and Gippos who have decided to stop their nomadic lifestyle and settle down in one place. Yet another example of the government pandering to scum at the expense of the taxpayer. Where will it all end :lol:?

We need more legislation that will cure it all !!!!! :lol::lol:

No surprise at them being moved from Prescotts, he is a goverment minister afterall....(For now! :sly: )

Local councils had an obligation to find land for the ****** and co until 1994(I think)

then it was overturned by the tories.

I think local authorities SHOULD be obliged to find land for them, then make the ******* pay council tax, gas + electric and all associated bills, oh, and lets not forget road tax/insurance/m.o.t.s.

Maybe if they had to pay for all the mess and disruption that they cause, they might act with some degree of consideration.

then make the ******* pay council tax, gas + electric and all associated bills, oh, and lets not forget road tax/insurance/m.o.t.s.

ROFLMAO

Couldn't do that mate, they are all unemployed, apart from thieving, doing dodgy drive repairs and robbing old dears by overcharging them (cash only) for all kinds of **** jobs.

They are after all a minority group so can't be seen to be persecuted, us law abiding, house owning, working people however are a different matter entirely, this poxy government would have the shirt off your back and chuck you out in the street so they can house hordes of illegal immigrants.

It's very worrying in reality as the balance is totally off, just think about how things have changed to allow antisocial minority groups to prosper.

Going to put myself out to stud and keep claiming the years paternity leave these tossers are now contemplating. :):):lol:

As a manager of many industrial estates and developement land across Lincolnshire andd Yorkshire, I am faced with the problems caused by travellers ******, (call them what you like) on a regular basis. You would be absolutely astonished as to how many rights, these social outcasts have!!!!! and how biased the govening laws are.... towards them, ......and not land owners.

Believe it or not they even have there own 'home grown' consortium of baristers that will fight their cause for them.........................for free!!!

Maybe we should all sell our houses, buy a posh caravan and 4x4, and take up tarmacing and copper trading. That way we may be entitled to the Regal treatment these people enjoy :)

Paul in North Lincs

Edited by Paul in North Lincs.

As a manager of many industrial estates and developement land across Lincolnshire andd Yorkshire, I am faced with the problems caused by travellers ******, (call them what you like) on a regular basis.  You would be absolutely astonished as to how many rights, these social outcasts have!!!!! and how biased the govening laws are.... towards them, ......and  not land owners.

Believe it or not they even have there own 'home grown' consortium of baristers that will fight their cause for them.........................for  free!!! 

Maybe we should all sell our houses, buy a posh caravan and 4x4, and take up tarmacing and copper trading. That way we may be entitled to the Regal treatment these people enjoy :)

Paul in North Lincs

My question to all of you: when did you last hear anbody say they were in favour of all this giving in to the thieving scumbags ?.

To my mind the way things are dealt with in this country can't really be called "democratic". Who is ever going to have the balls to stand up and say enough of this slide into anarchy ?.

It isn't the likes of us everyday bods that need to be legislated into a corner but the growing ranks of antisocial scum that roam around completely at will.

Paul, guess what I've just bought myself for my 50th birthday :)...........a "V" reg 4x4, just need the brand new 60ft caravan now and I'm on my Waaaaaaaayyyyy !!! :lol::lol::lol:

Apparently there is a guy looking to buy any land he can get near 2 Jags houses so he can fill it with ****** and scum so that good old Pressie can see what it's like to have them crapping on his own doorstep. Bring it on, lets find some land near Mr. B. Liar and open a Rumanian/Bosnian soup kitchen, probably a government grant for it !!!!

Edited by old rooster

@ Old rooster & Paul in North Lincs.

Guys, you've got it sussed!

Paul, they DONT get free legal help....guess who picks the tab up??.....got it in one!

Old Rooster, putting yourself out to stud?, bloody good idea, maybe i'll go down that road too! :)

As for the guy who's trying to buy land near "Chubby Prescott"..(I call him that because he's a bloody comedian) if he wants to start a "Whip round" to help pay for the land, i'd chip in the odd fiver or two! :)

When I was a kid I virtually lived in a field near my house that was only ever used for a single cut of hay every year. In the meantime I got to know every chub holding eddy in the stream that ran along one edge of the field, and I knew every rabbit hole and vole hole there.

20 years later and the field comes on the market for a second time in recent years. As it is waterlogged for much of the year it can't be used for horses, as the previous owners discovered, and being part of a flood plain in green belt territory no one is ever going to give planning permission for anything other than leaving it as a boggy old field.

Then the gypsies buy it.. They start off by bringing in lorry load after lorry load of hardcore and then build access roads and bingo, they have themselves about 50 pitches for caravans.

Whenever I go back and visit my folks I can not bear to drive past there any more as I am too full of sadness at the loss of such a treasured piece of wild land and so angry at the authorities that let these people get away with it.

Even my father (who is a church warden and retired teacher and prone to being very p.c. and understanding) has started to mention the thefts and the harrasment that locals experience with a real feeling of distain for these people.

You are made to feel a racist if you say things against a group of people and so you don't like to say anything. But I'm not talking about an ignorant and predjudiced view of them, I',m talking about facts that I have experienced and it makes me really ******* angry!

A good friend of mine who is a Divorcee was unfortunate enough to be involved in a collision with a X plate Range Rover driven by one of our Gypsy friends. She was totally withour blame. The Guy had been identified at being in the local pub that lunchtime and was possiblly over the limit

Witnesses were on hand and she took names addresses and all the normal particulars. The Police were called but the driver scarpered before arrival. She was whip lashed in the collision so technically the Gypsy had committed an offence for leaving the scene of an accident.

You guessed it he had no Tax. No Insurance and no V5 The police called on the local encampment and the vehicle was traced but had changed hands ( what a suprise) and they could not confirm proof of ownership or the driver at the time of the accident.

She tried civil action but the Witnesses were threatened with Physical Violence and declined ultimately to make a statement. Her house was vandalised and green house smashed and all of her chickens were killed or stolen, Human excrement was pushed through her letter box and smeared on her car windscreen.

She had absolutely no where to go, Police could take no action, witnessess were scared to come forward, Insurance company wouldnt entertain a claim, Civil action would have been too costly to procure.

After a nervous breakdown and a suicide attempt she relocated to New Zealand last year to be with her parents utterly dejected and ashamed of being BRITISH In her own words she couldnt get out of this ******G stinking country quick enough.

The sad thing is that this is by no means an uncommon or isolated case.

If they want proper sites then they must be brought into the folds of legislation like the rest of us.

The only good thing which came of this (which I couldnt possibly condone!) is that the guy responsible was collarded outside the pub one night by a group of louts who kicked the **** out of him to within an inch of his life. Although it shames me to say this I doubt if anyone other than his own mother would have worried if he had died. Strangely he appeared in the local hospital and was provided with a bed and treatment at our expense.

Is there a moral in this story somewhere :D?

FM.

Is there a moral in this story somewhere :D?

FM.

Yes Mike, like the moral in so many similar stories, this country has been given away to scum who can do just what they like with no fear of reprisal.

It's bloody frightening when you start to consider the full consequences of the situation. It won't be cured by the head in the sand attitude this weak, out of touch government takes and I can see it all getting very nasty before much longer.

Law abiding people will only take so much of this ****, it's too "in yer face" to ignore and it just won't do !!!!.

As you so rightly say, if places for them to stay are provided they must pay up. Get a national insurance number, pay council tax and rates, for the electricity and water which most of them thieve by cutting into mains supplies with apparent impunity.

The alternative is for vigilante groups to go and burn them out lock stock and barrel !!!.

I think we will see a lot of frustration votes going the way of the National Front party this time. Pity they don't have any thought out economic policies because I'd sure support their views on immigration and dealing with ******.

Travellers are part of a tradition which we all have roots in. Humankind has only settled in permanent settlements for the last 5,000 years in Britain and maybe 8,000 years worldwide. Our heritage and folk memory however, is of over 100,000 years of nomadism.

Gypsies have been part of our society for many hundreds of years. They were originally believed to be Egyptians, which is where the name 'Gypsy' comes from. The idea that they came from Egypt was probably due to their dark complexion, exotic and colourful clothing and the fact that many groups arrived in Europe from the Middle East and the Eastern Mediterranean.

However, the Romany language, which is a language unique to Gypsies throughout Europe and is still spoken today, originates from Sanskrit, one of the main root languages of humanity which evolved in the Indian subcontinent. Today, they are believed to have migrated from India through the Middle East, Eastern, Northern and Central Europe and the Mediterranean, eventually reaching England, Scotland and Wales. As they travelled across Europe, they brought with them music, dance, artistry, crafts and language which has become part of our everyday use and integral to our culture.

Within Britain the roads have thronged with travellers of various sorts over the centuries, even before Romanies arrived about 600 years ago. All types and descriptions of Travellers moved around looking for work; selling, buying, spreading the gospels. There has always probably been friction between nomads and the sedentary population - partly from competition for resources and partly from the inherent fear of the free by the settled population.

This reached xenophobic heights in the 16th and 17th century when Gypsies were banned on pain of death from Scotland and several were hung just for being Gypsies. In 1530 an Act concerning Egyptians required them to leave the country on pain of imprisonment or forfeiture of goods. This was followed by various other Acts relating to punishment of vagabonds "calling themselves Egyptians, both genuine and counterfeit, all to be treated as criminals and suffer death and loss of land, goods, without benefit of clergy."

Since then although persecution has continued Gypsies and Travellers have become an established, if not accepted feature of our country. In addition to the Romanies who arrived during the time of Henry VIII the population of Travellers has been swelled by Irish people working on the canals and railways, fleeing from the effects of the mid-nineteenth century famine and after the last world war in response to difficult economic conditions in Ireland. House dwellers have constantly trickled on to the road through force of circumstance or choice - for example it is known that some of the people forced to flee the London bombing and live in the countryside in vehicles during the last war continued to live in vehicles and took to the road never to return to settled accommodating.

Traditionally Travellers integrated with the local rural economy via seasonal agricultural labour and also by supplying other needs of the rural population. With increasing mechanisation the need for seasonal labour slackened during the 1950's and many travellers forsook the rural for the urban and semi-urban environment. Increasingly employment opportunities centred around scrap dealing, car dealing and tarmac laying.

Increasingly employment opportunities centred around scrap dealing, car dealing and tarmac laying.

Don't know where you got all this from but it's very thought provoking. The only point you've conveniently forgotten to mention is that the people we are having the problems with are not Gypsies in the main but ******. Subtle difference, these are lazy, intimidating scumbags who have no intention of doing an honest days work and will do just as they please with your property !!.

Where the problem lies is in their total disregard for the law. Some members of this forum have openly displayed their love of legislation in vitriolic responses to my previous comments about the futility of it, welcoming further moves to restrict their personal freedom but falling to realise that it only widens the gulf between us law abiding citizens and the ***** gangs who totally disregard ALL legislation. As they are never called to account it renders the law impotent, discriminatory, divisive and pointless.

The current, disturbing trend is for these “travelers” to settle in growing numbers in areas chosen by them, often purchased as agricultural land with no planning permission for housing. They invariably cut into supplies of water and electricity and for some reason are allowed to get away with it. Roads and hard standings are erected on these “sites” but as often as not no sanitary sewage facilities are available. Their school age children do not attend school, although the adults work, largely on the black economy, they make NO contribution to society via Council tax or income tax. One of their main sources of income is theft, try living near these sites and you’ll soon find out I’m right !!. If you so much as put up an extension on your house without planning permission you’d be ordered to take it down, if you refused the council would have it taken down for you and charge you for the privilege, if you refused to pay for the demolition you’d end up in pokey.

This trend is going unchallenged and even when national newspapers take up the gauntlet of exposing it the “powers that be” leave well alone. It is a further display of weak government which yet again flies directly in the face of public opinion.

I think we need a national referendum on a number of key issues which concern the public and for the results of the referendum to be acted upon. There will be those who suggest that it is a return to a plebiscite form of government but I personally feel that people are clued up enough these days to make sensible choices. At least we’d have legislation based on what the majority truly wanted to see happening, something that we are far from having at the moment. !!!!

That came from the pages of Viz some years ago and believe it or not the ***** council threatened them with court action if they didn't print an apology and agree never to run the cartoon again!!!

Shame really as it's sooo close to the truth!

Its right what they say about the truth hurting! :D

Edited by OLDJUDDA

Travellers are part of a tradition which we all have roots in. Humankind has only settled in permanent settlements for the last 5,000 years in Britain and maybe 8,000 years worldwide. Our heritage and folk memory however, is of over 100,000 years of nomadism.

Gypsies have been part of our society for many hundreds of years. They were originally believed to be Egyptians, which is where the name 'Gypsy' comes from. The idea that they came from Egypt was probably due to their dark complexion, exotic and colourful clothing and the fact that many groups arrived in Europe from the Middle East and the Eastern Mediterranean. 

However, the Romany language, which is a language unique to Gypsies throughout Europe and is still spoken today, originates from Sanskrit, one of the main root languages of humanity which evolved in the Indian subcontinent. Today,  they are believed to have migrated from India through the Middle East, Eastern, Northern and Central Europe and the Mediterranean, eventually reaching England, Scotland and Wales. As they travelled across Europe, they brought with them music, dance, artistry, crafts and language which has become part of our everyday use and integral to our culture.

Within Britain the roads have thronged with travellers of various sorts over the centuries, even before Romanies arrived about 600 years ago. All types and descriptions of Travellers moved around looking for work; selling, buying, spreading the gospels. There has always probably been friction between nomads and the sedentary population - partly from competition for resources and partly from the inherent fear of the free by the settled population.

This reached xenophobic heights in the 16th and 17th century when Gypsies were banned on pain of death from Scotland and several were hung just for being Gypsies. In 1530 an Act concerning Egyptians required them to leave the country on pain of imprisonment or forfeiture of goods. This was followed by various other Acts relating to punishment of vagabonds "calling themselves Egyptians, both genuine and counterfeit, all to be treated as criminals and suffer death and loss of land, goods, without benefit of clergy."

Since then although persecution has continued Gypsies and Travellers have become an established, if not accepted feature of our country. In addition to the Romanies who arrived during the time of Henry VIII the population of Travellers has been swelled by Irish people working on the canals and railways, fleeing from the effects of the mid-nineteenth century famine and after the last world war in response to difficult economic conditions in Ireland. House dwellers have constantly trickled on to the road through force of circumstance or choice - for example it is known that some of the people forced to flee the London bombing and live in the countryside in vehicles during the last war continued to live in vehicles and took to the road never to return to settled accommodating.

Traditionally Travellers integrated with the local rural economy via seasonal agricultural labour and also by supplying other needs of the rural population. With increasing mechanisation the need for seasonal labour slackened during the 1950's and many travellers forsook the rural for the urban and semi-urban environment. Increasingly employment opportunities centred around scrap dealing, car dealing and tarmac laying.

A romantic and charming post, but totally out of touch with the real world sceanario that ordinary members of the public have to tolerate!

Old rooster has summed up the reality of the situation, we are living in a society with lop-sided values and laws.

About three years ago, a bunch of "Travellers" turned up on a field opposite a friends house, the usual behaviour was noted, i.e. **** all over the place, un-taxed cars, theft from washing lines,ect,ect.

My mate phoned the police and council, more than a week later and they were still on the land, the council told my mate that they had to conduct "Social reports" about the ****** to see if any of them needed medical help,and to see if the children had been receiving education!

A few days later the ****** moved about 300 yards down the road, same sceanario, **** and crime being the order of the day, council was contacted again, and they said that because ****** had moved, the council would have to go through the "Social reports" proceedure all over again!

The scumbags know how to milk the system. :D

Got to admire the French, they adopt a no-nonsense system, ****** turn up and park on land without permission and its a case of move NOW, or get arrested.

Edited by OLDJUDDA

LOL that just about sums it up.

I've just found out that we have (only 5ish miles away from our house) one of the largest gipsy sites in the uk. It's been there for 2 years :beer:

They paid for two fields (greenbelt) and then hardcored the lot and have now moved in on both of them.

Went for a drive by last Friday and :lol::lol: , WHAT A MESS!!!

It's in a really nice area that has houses in the £800.000+ mark, not 800k anymore.

There have been two shootings there lately, one last week where a person died.

Not very nice.

There have been two shootings there lately, one last week where a person died.

Let's just hope they keep shooting each other until they are all exterminated like the scum that they are !!!.

The site near my Mum's has just been refused retrospective planning permission, they have six months to appeal by which time (if the dreaded Liarites get back in) 2 Jags will have imposed new legislation on us making it mandatory for all councils to provide a place for these b*stards to settle in, should they decide to give up their wandering lifestyle.

We really are a soft lot in this country with all the **** this "government" feeds us time and time again. What a lot of old rhetoric they are rolling out prior to the election, do they think that anybody is stupid enough to be taken in by it again.

What we need is a proper tough stand on the fundamental law and order issues, everything else on the social side of things would fall into place after that.

Tin hat on, I've got me coat............................................

From a logistics point of view, it would be advantageous to have them in one spot, in case anything happened :lol:

Is that so we know where to chuck the napalm ? :lol: :o

Just heard a cracker after 2 jags hypocritical comments about leaving the poor old ****** unmolested, they've just set up camp in the car park of the Crawley Labour Club :beer::lol::lol::D

Bet Pressy will be down there with soup and a bread roll for them in the morning.