4x4 Car tax

starlight32

I am now changing my motor, and going for the Isuzu. What I would like to clarify is what do you think will be the final score with the road tax?

The dealership were uncertain as to whether the pick up will continue to be classed as a commercial vehicle and will be exempt from the emissions classification, giving a final tally of just under 200 quid a year.

However there is a double edged sword, as should they not fall into this class then this motor due to its engine size will fall into the £400-00 category....

The reason I ask is because the wife has a fiesta tdci...Road tax £35-00 a year. I have a Fiesta tdci van. Same engine,same motor just no seats in the back.My tax £190-00 a year.....

So in theory when the emissions classification comes in my van should go down to £35-00 a year should'nt it?

It will be interesting whether the goverment actually plays the 'commercial' bit in motor tax as whichever way they play it they will not have it all boxed off, as with the case of emissions.

My neighbour bought a new Range rover sport, and his first tax on registration was £950 quid,

Probably explains why I see so many Suzuki Jimny's out on the road nowadays when out lamping..........

Regards

contrary to what people seem to think, it is NOT repeat NOT a 4x4 tax :good: it is an EMISSIONS tax ! a range rover 4.6hse will be in a high bracket just the same as an aston martin db9 because of it's emissions, so you might as well have a faster comfy car and pay the same tax :D