Best all round tyres

mark12345

Hi All

just got 4 General Grabber AT2 tyres for my L200, and they perform realy well on and off road, but cost £450 inc Vat, what are your thoughts on the best value all round tyre for the money..... :D

I've got the same tyres and am very happy with them. There are cheaper alternatives but most will wear faster and you won't get the same offroad/handling performance, and there are more expensive options like the BF Goodrich AT's that will last longer but I think the Grabbers are a great compromise between price and longevity! :good:

Edited by alexm

A set of 4 BFG A/T's can be found for about £380 if you look around. I have had both those and Grabber AT2's and found the latter to wear much quicker and not be so resilient to stones and flint.

However I am running Bridgestone Duellers on my hilux at the moment and they are ok for shallow mud and tracks. They are rated 80% road 20%off.

Not sure what they cost caus a friend gave them to me.

with the Insas you get what you pay for, they will be a *** to balance and wear a lot faster than the BFG's, have a look on that auction site and you'll pick up a set of Mud terrains for less and they will be massively better both on road and off