What would you buy

berettaboy

The post about funny clothes got me thinking about some of the very expensive country clothing available. I have spent hours in John norris looking at Le chameau chasseur wellies , but at £220 for my size (custom made) I'll have to pass. What single item (of clothing) would you guys buy if you had the cash?

BB

BB, I have often looked at those boots and others at a similar price.

I just can,t bring myself to spend that sort of money on boots.

Can they be that much better than normal good quality wellies ?

I have often thought of a good formal shooting suit, but I wouldn,t have the opportunity to wear it very often.

If money were no object I would treat myself to one month on a Dude Ranch in texas or Wyoming doing the cowboy stuff then another month in Canada in the winter riding dog sleds and trapping. then another month in Africa big game hunting and to top it all I would spend a day with Deako Pigeon shooting 8)  ;)  :laugh:

Cranfield,last year I bought a pair of those le chameau outlast wellies.........my opinion is,they cost me £100 & their worth every penny. You can walk all day in them, in comfort, they keep your feet at a steady temperature, & to be honest, their the most comfortable pair of boots that I have.I would'nt hesitate to get another pair!................HH, a days pigeon shooting with Deako eh!..........I'm sure Deako could arrange a low interest, monthly plan for you!..... ;)

Just bought a pair of Muck Boot Co wellies, Neoprene and all that (used to have the same outlook as £100+ for a pair of wellies you must be mad) these new ones cost me £55 and are absoloutely fantastic, its like going out in your slippers I just cant say enough good things about them without sounding strange!!!

It did worry me a little parting with £55 for a pair of wellies dont think I've ever paid more than £20 before but it was definitely money well spent.

oops there i go again.