Buying chokes for Browning Cynergy

raistrick

Hi All,

Just bought a Browning Cynergy and have Full, IM, M, IC and Cylinder chokes with it. However, I'm keen to learn skeet and thought it's probably best to get a couple of Skeet chokes as well.

Looking at the price of the Diamond Plus chokes (at a shocking £59 each) I was wondering whether I could use the standard Invector Plus chokes with it instead (at £27 each).

Are they just the same but of a lower grade material? Will it do any damage to the gun?

I'm quite happy that the chokes don't last as long as the Diamond Plus ones, I just don't want to do any damage to my gun.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers.

I would hae thought the chokes would last a very long time, I would be very suprised if your wear them out! Also would have thought a choke is a choke as much as a gun is a gun it`s the person behind it. My mate has a 20yr old Baikal(fixed choke) . . . out shoots me every week!

Cool, may try some midas ones... is there any special reason why I should fork out the ~£120 for a skeet diamond plus set??

Very true on the person being behind it... although I've noticed a very big increase in my score since buying this gun. Used beretta 686 Es before and I was barely getting passed 60%, where I'm making 80% with this. Perhaps it just fits right, but the balance and everything feels so much better.

Edited by raistrick

nope, save your money mate diamond chokes are just titanium ones made for the cynergy and consequently are a bit lighter. any of the invector plus chokes will fit, either browning or an aftermarket like teague or briley. and in my opinion the aftermarket chokes tend to pattern a whole lot better and are more true to constriction. factory browning chokes tend to have a reputation for being on the tighter side.

In fact the midas chokes as seen in the newer ultras are made by briley to browning specs.

Keep a look out on the "other sales" section there is usually a few inv+ chokes kicking around in there

Fuzrat

No opinion either way ported or not ported, the supposed benefit of ported is it helps reduce felt recoil. I had a pair of dirty great long ported comp-n-chokes hanging out the end looked damn sexy, and before anyone starts on about penis extensions and I've got longer chokes than you etc. yes I have a small willy :good::lol:

Did they reduce felt recoil? not that I could tell. If the looks of them float your boat go for it but if you want to reduce felt recoil get yourself a decent pad and some nice smooth 24 or even 21 gram loads. You're only shooting at 20ish yards and I believe a 21 or 24 gram load patterns better at skeet ranges. I shoot eley first lites 21g 9's for skeet and at £116 a thousand nice and easy on the pocket as well as the shoulder. dont seem to get any different breaks than blasting 28g at them. mind you I now shoot a remi 1100 26" skeet auto so no recoil whatever I stick through it.

Sorry to ramble on but I hope that helps.

Fuzrat

Edited to say If you are considering shooting olympic skeet I think ported chokes are illegal maybe check the cpsa website on that.

Edited by fuzrat

Hi Raistrick,

Teague chokes are very good and I would follow PDLM's advice and give Essex Guns a ring. £20 a pop for them is a billy bargain :good:

In regards to ported chokes, I had a ported teague a while ago and it seemed to do nothing more than mucky the end of my barrels! :lol:

Cheers for all the advice guys. One last question, if I may:

Until I get skeet chokes what pair am I best using out of what I have?

I have Cylinder, IC, Mod, IM, Full. I was expecting Cylinder + IC, but perhaps Mod + IC?

Note: not so much bothered about seeing where I'm missing them (you tend to know that imho), just want to be hitting them. Consistency then accuracy.

Edited by raistrick

Cheers for all the advice guys. One last question, if I may:

Until I get skeet chokes what pair am I best using out of what I have?

I have Cylinder, IC, Mod, IM, Full. I was expecting Cylinder + IC, but perhaps Mod + IC?

Note: not so much bothered about seeing where I'm missing them (you tend to know that imho), just want to be hitting them. Consistency then accuracy.

I would use Cylinder- IC.

I use CL and IC when i do skeet with my Black Ice. I too was put off by the price of the Diamond Plus chokes except the site i was looking at they were £75 a pop! :yes: BTW the diamond chokes aren't made of titanium and they're not supposed to be any lighter, they're just coated with it and its allegedly for durability but i'm yet to hear of anyone wearing a standard choke out! :lol: They do look good though, plus they're easy to put in/remove even with gloves on :lol:

Mark