Fox drive

Pykie

I have been invited by the local keeper to take part in a fox drive this Saturday. I will be using my Beretta 12 bore with 36 gram BBs. Anyone have any tips to make sure the day goes well? And how successful do you think fox drives are as a means of fox control?

Edited by Pykie

BB's are fine but the number one thought is safety, make sure you're in line and only shoot in a known direction as you'll be moving towards standing guns. Its a catch 22 as you have to be fast but safe, I'd actually use 3's or similar because they are less likely to ricochet off trees while walking in the wood, bb's are fine when you're standing as odds are you'll be shooting into the open. effectiveness depends on your foxes but it can be useful I've been on ones where foxes have come out looking like cullanders as they;ve been near 3 guys with autos :yes:

The day will be a good day out just be careful :good:

They are a good way of helping to control foxes , The keeper will put you right and should give everybody the rules safety wise.

It's also a good way to meet up with others from your local shoot, aslo doing a favour for the keeper is never a bad thing .

Dont miss a fox, and dont shoot a Munty by accident!

Remember also a dead fox is good - whether its shot at 10yards or 35, also beware a fox like deer can run on and drop (they'll no doubt tell you this) l've shot them at 20 yards with SSG and seen them run on 200yards and then drop - all to do with adrenaline!

T