Fox, caught in the act

Elma Fud

The farm I live on is also having problems with fox’s taking lambs I’ve had this fox on the lamp twice now and have thought about having a shot with my air rifle but never do which is probably for the best. It’s very frustrating for the farmer after working so hard 24/7 :lol:

Think it’s a natural instinct for a fox to kill anything in sight not for fun. But without proof I guess we will never exactly know. :):)??

David

Attention Elma Fud, Greetings,

First, thank you for allowing me to post your picture of "caught in the act"on a forum here in Canada. I was hoping to gain some support from Canadians to the effort you and other sportsmen are doing to stop the slaughter of piglets by foxes.

However I feel my efforts were a waste of time, as the majority were of the opinion your pictures were politically motivated, with the questionable ban on fox hunting etc. May I add at this time, in no way am I in agreement with their thinking, I guess I just picked on the wrong forum to express my views. Keep up the good work.

Best regards,

Feather.

Attention Elma Fud,  Greetings,

First, thank you for allowing me to post your picture of "caught in the act"on a forum here in Canada. I was hoping to gain some support from Canadians to the effort you and other sportsmen are doing to stop the slaughter of piglets by foxes.

However I feel my efforts were a waste of time, as the majority were of the opinion your pictures were politically motivated, with the questionable ban on fox hunting etc. May I add at this time, in no way am I in agreement with their thinking, I guess I just picked on the wrong forum to express my views. Keep up the good work.

Best regards,

Feather.

Hi feather

Sorry to hear that your efforts were all in vane. Unfortunately, people that live in towns and cities fail to see the damage inflicted on our wildlife by foxes. The main problem being lack of education and prejudice.

You must keep trying to get the message though about foxes.

Last night a work colleague told me that he disagreed with fox hunting with hounds and that foxes that need to be controlled should be shot. What ensued was a good debate about ethics of hunting and shooting. I tried to keep the debate in its simplest form, "The Kill". Stating that a fox either gets away unscathed, (be it out of breath) or is killed by hounds. With a rifle, foxes may by seriously injured and take weeks to die from a mortal wound.

If possible, please can pass on the link where you post the pictures.

Thanks

EF :)

Went out lamping last night at the pig farm again. During the nights foray we talked about the piglet that was taken by the vixen (pictured early). He informed me that one of his sow's had her litter outside away from the hut. In the morning all she had left was one piglet left out of the litter. (This was the same paddock that I said I saw a pig chase a fox off.)

I asked him what the average litter was? He told me that two days before, one sow had 16 and another had 17 piglets :lol: .

I wonder how many piglets have been lost to foxes over the years? :D

Since January the 1st were now upto 12 culled foxes. Last night was the quietest night for sightings. I suspect that any vixens in the area may be holed up now.

EF

Hi Elma,

Good shooting and great pics.

Last night a work colleague told me that he disagreed with fox hunting with hounds and that foxes that need to be controlled should be shot. What ensued was a good debate about ethics of hunting and shooting.

And there was me thinking the Fire Brigade works for a living :)

Will you be at the CLA this year?

Regards

Rimfire