UK Grand Masters

tosspot

How about, "Excessive consumption of black pudding in the "Findon Fryer", or perhaps an MC style classic, "unable to get the shells in the gun as was sat down". :)

You've got to chuckle. :hmm:

I reckon PDLM could surprise us all, despite his crippling condition, he'll whoop the Essex Straw Bale Gaylords, that's for sure. :)

Cat.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat,

You really are losing it, I never said that I couldn't get the cartridges in the gun because I was sat down, I said you couldn't get them out of your pocket and that was an observation not an excuse.

You reckon PDLM will whip the Essex Haybalers do you? I don't remember him doing that at the Essex Masters, unless there is 2 PDLMs (One that can shoot and one which can't)

No offence meant Peter.

The only chuckling will be at the sorry score that the Ex england shooter returns.

You gun snob: don't forget to snub/make snide comments to the chippy, tyre-iron wielding peasants.

Oh, I do already. Both my shooting buddies use autos, one of them being a A301 that's 20 odd years old. I give them as much abuse as I possibly can whilst still maintaining my free cup of tea off them at the end of the shoot. :hmm:

You need an F3 mate,

Nothing else comes close.

I tried Mung's and didn't get on that well with it. Seems nicely made and everything, but I couldn't hit anything with it... I mean, I was hitting less than with my gun which wasn't a lot anyway.

Mung actually shot his best round of the pool shoot (2nd of 3 rounds) at the Essex Masters with my gun.

Besides, I don't need an excuse for my shooting at the moment.

I think I need a Krieghoff. That'll fix it.... :)

The trouble with Krieghoffs is that they (rightly or wrongly) imply that you're a top shot :P

There are a couple of blokes who shoot at Worsley sometimes with K-80s and they are, shall we say, indifferent shots :) . Although I do try and think charitable thoughts, I find myself thinking or muttering all sorts of bad **** :)

Much as I'd like one if I had the money, I think I'd try and raise my game a bit first :hmm:

Edited by Chard

I tried Mung's and didn't get on that well with it. Seems nicely made and everything, but I couldn't hit anything with it... I mean, I was hitting less than with my gun which wasn't a lot anyway.

Mung actually shot his best round of the pool shoot (2nd of 3 rounds) at the Essex Masters with my gun.

I know, I equalled that score with my F3.

It is not the gun at all it is getting used to whatever you use. A year or so more with yours and you'll get there. I still reckon it is too long for you but there you go.

Ok. It's exactly where Husthwaite set it to, lenght wise. Only change he made I didn't implement was an increase in comb. I've now got an ISIS Comb raiser which I'll be trying tomorrow to see if it makes any difference. I've only taped it on temporarily and and dump it quickly if it doesn't work.

Interestingly, he wasn't the only coach to mention that my gun could/should be longer. The difference is only 0.5" and I can put it back easily.

The ****** is that I was on pretty good form for a couple of weeks after that. 86/100 Kibworth and 110/125 at Doveridge, dunno what the hell is going on.

Just out of interest what is the length of pull?

If it feels right to you then that is all that matters, but you actually look uncomfortable shooting it.

How did he establish the dimensions?

Edited by MC

I give them as much abuse as I possibly can whilst still maintaining my Teeth and free cup of tea off them at the end of the shoot. :hmm:

Just my style! :)

15.5"

Established by dry mounting, checking distance from end of my beak (which is big) to thumb, etc.

**** me! Do your knuckles still drag on the ground when you stand up straight? I thought i had lanky arms but i shoot a standard setup browning and it feels very comfortable for me.

I wasn't going to be quite as blunt as Markio, I guess the co op have got offers on red wine.

That seems hellishly long to me as you don't seem that far off standard proportions. I have just measured all 3 of my shotguns and they are all 14 3/8"

As said if you are happy with it then that is all that matters but you don't look comfortable with it.

You're talking like a true sandbagger, desperately trying to shake off that "millstone" of an "A" classification. :lol:

I'll go as far as a 12 bird credit, I take it we have a deal? :yes:

Cat.

That's a pity........I'll have to tell my nominated charity they won't be getting their £50 cheque. :sly:

Shoot well guys, you'll love the layout, particularly the "other" valley where they hosted the World Sporting Championship.

Cat.

Cat, I am genuinely shocked and flattered by your suggestion that a 3 year haybaler is but 12 birds off an ex England AA class gazzillion mile registered shooter over a 200 bird 25 stand shoot, at the ex England AA class gazzillion mile registered shooter's home ground :blink:

Thank you for the compliment. :lol::oops:

Now if I can just get you to quit the CPSA, pack in that mileage and support your local haybale, I too will change my name to Cheryl.

Peter,

The shoot on Monday, we will give you the once over and we will be helping and coaching eachother like ******** to make sure we beat the number 2's in the number 2 team. We will find out what's wrong with you and we will fix you. We can rebuild you in return for bacon rolls and tea. We will make you the £6 man.

dunnununununa dunnununununa dunnununununa

Edited by Mungler

Peter,

The shoot on Monday, we will give you the once over and we will be helping and coaching eachother like ******** to make sure we beat the number 2's in the number 2 team. We will find out what's wrong with you and we will fix you. We can rebuild you in return for bacon rolls and tea. We will make you the �6 man.

dunnununununa dunnununununa dunnununununa

**** :blink: :oops::lol:

6million_dollar_man.jpg

funnycomiccapwank.jpg