UK Grand Masters

tosspot

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat, I am genuinely shocked and flattered by your suggestion that a 3 year haybaler is but 12 birds off an ex England AA class gazzillion mile registered shooter over a 200 bird 25 stand shoot, at the ex England AA class gazzillion mile registered shooter's home ground :blink:

Thank you for the compliment. :lol::oops:

Now if I can just get you to quit the CPSA, pack in that mileage and support your local haybale, I too will change my name to Cheryl.

Peter,

The shoot on Monday, we will give you the once over and we will be helping and coaching eachother like ******** to make sure we beat the number 2's in the number 2 team. We will find out what's wrong with you and we will fix you. We can rebuild you in return for bacon rolls and tea. We will make you the ?6 man.

dunnununununa dunnununununa dunnununununa

Well, as far as Southdown are concerned, you're an "A" class shooter, sorry Mung, but you can't get away from that one, as I've said before, a CPSA classification is a bit like points on your driving licence, you'd like to forget about them, but they keep coming back to haunt you..!!

Anyway, shoot well, I'm sure you'll give it your best, I know you will................so I'm sure your score will be a true indicator of your ability in this game..?? :sly::yes:

Enjoy the Horlicks, and cuddle up with Teddy tonight, you've got a long day tomorrow...!! :lol:

Cat.

You must have me confused with someone else? Unless standard proportions these days are 6' tall, 19 stone with 50" chests :lol:

This is me.... excuse the shorts.... pic was taken a few years ago... :blink:

Pete.jpg

Here is a more recent pic, snapped when he bumped in his mate Fernando Torres :oops:

PDLM - Click

Edited by paulos

That clicky isn't showing anything. Nevermind gun fit sort his dress sense out first, those shorts are just wrong. So whose it gonna be for bragging rights Cat or Mung?

I don't need to brag, I let others do it for me. :oops:

I certainly wouldn't be seen wearing ridiculous shorts like that, however if the weather is as nice as they promise, I'll deffo be wearing my 3/4's at sunny Sarfdarn this Sunday for the big event. :blink:

Cat.

Great day out.

Nice to meet Nicky and Andy, and catch up with Tosspot and PDLM.

I have a tan, a grin and a swollen face from 200 bitch mutha fitasc pro mutha plus carts (MC you were right - a round of DTL followed by 200 birds using thumpers takes it's toll).

I shot like a demon on the first course and then like a benda on the second. By the end of the second course I (and most others) had lost the will to live. For those who are going to shoot it, you will see :lol:

However, Tosspot shot like a benda on the first course and like a demon on the second - really came into his own and shrugged off the tiredness and the bitch muthas - he read the second course in terms of distance and speed of targets like a pro (and not the hooker type) :yes:

PDLM had flashes of genius and with some coaching on Monday (not allowed today according to the signs) we will kick botty. Team 1 will kick botty hard.

NickyT has the right attitude and set up / stance and will be very good in years time (shoots like a younger Broken Man). Mind you, lose the white framed glasses, it makes you look like Timmy Mallet. Oh and ditch the fibrewads.

Andy was a slow starter and struggled (like the rest of us) at the range at which the targets were set out; nothing less than 7.5s and 1/2 choke today, but then came upto speed on the second course.

Edited by Mungler

Great day out.

Nice to meet Nicky and Andy, and catch up with Tosspot and PDLM.

I have a tan, a grin and a swollen face from 200 bitch mutha fitasc pro mutha plus carts (MC you were right - a round of DTL followed by 200 birds using thumpers takes it's toll).

I shot like a demon on the first course and then like a benda on the second. By the end of the second course I (and most others) had lost the will to live. For those who are going to shoot it, you will see :lol:

However, Tosspot shot like a benda on the first course and like a demon on the second - really came into his own and shrugged off the tiredness and the bitch muthas - he read the second course in terms of distance and speed of targets like a pro (and not the hooker type) :yes:

PDLM had flashes of genius and with some coaching on Monday (not allowed today according to the signs) we will kick botty. Team 1 will kick botty hard.

NickyT has the right attitude and set up / stance and will be very good in years time (shoots like a younger Broken Man). Mind you, lose the white framed glasses, it makes you look like Timmy Mallet. Oh and ditch the fibrewads.

Andy was a slow starter and struggled (like the rest of us) at the range at which the targets were set out; nothing less than 7.5s and 1/2 choke today, but then came upto speed on the second course.

Well what were the ******* scores? :lol:

I can't remember what the others scores were, but I was reeeely grate and was crowned the daddy with an 80 and a 58.

The second leg crippled everyone apart from Tosspot who did a 71 on the second leg. Can't remember what he did on the first leg but it was on the Julian Clary side.

Edited by Mungler

I can't remember what the others scores were, but I was reeeely grate and was crowned the daddy with an 80 and a 58.

The second leg crippled everyone apart from Tosspot who did a 71 on the second leg. Can't remember what he did on the first leg but it was on the Julian Clary side.

I clearly underestimated the homosexual tendencies of this team :yes: .

I had you down for bigger scores than that. What do I know? I expect there was sky and stuff :lol:

80 was good though - you should have had some coke :lol:

Edited by Chard

I had a great time, once I'd gotten over the awful journey down there. I missed the breakfast meeting at the cafe so headed straight to the ground for 0800, only for the cafe girls to be very late as well. I almost died of starvation. :yes::lol:

So, average start to get 65/100 on the first layout. Disappointed really as it was pretty much identical to last year's layout, and full of loopers L/R and then R/L. I over led a lot of stuff as well.

Second 100 in the valley, the exact same stand position as last year, and the first 50 was awesome for me shooting 75%+ so I was really on a roll, Tosspot and I getting a nice lead over Mung. Second 50 were the worst I've ever shot, I dropped 16 out of 18 on just two stands and I only got around 15 or so out of the 50. The last stands in the valley are ******' difficult. 50/100 was the result. :lol:

Tosspot shot very well indeed in the valley and kicked everyone's *****. Mungler owned us all on the first layout, and shot like a hermaphodite on the second layout, a stunning str8 on the last stand saving him from the humility of me beating him.

Nice to meet up with NickyT as well, thoroughly nice chap ;)

I took a few positives though from the day. Quite happy with the gun fitment now (comb raiser) and no cheek/stock issues at all. Only 2, or maybe 3, trigger freezes.

My last remaining problem is purely being **** at reading the birds and determining the lead needed. The two simo loopers from the right on stand 7 in the valley really hurt, only getting 1/10, I had absolutely no idea what lead they needed at all. There were several stands where the first 3 pairs were missed and the last pair smoked once I'd figured out the lead. Conversely, both Mung and I had 4 stand where the first pair were smoked, then the next pair or two missed. :D

Well done guys,

Sounds like a bit of a toughie,

Myself, LV and Baldrick enjoyed the sun at Braintree this afternoon almost having the place to ourselves and smashed a few along the way. They are getting a bit more organised over there and getting a few decent stands