isuzu 3.1d

steyrman

Just bought a 1992 trooper 3.1 swb today 10 months m.o.t. 92000 on the clock. New clutch, fairley new town and country tyres in very good condition overall £350 cant be bad at that. It is to be kept on the farm so no tax or insurance and can run on red diesel just need a lightforce 170 for the roof now :birthday:

• 3 weeks later...
Just bought a 1992 trooper 3.1 swb today 10 months m.o.t. 92000 on the clock. New clutch, fairley new town and country tyres in very good condition overall £350 cant be bad at that. It is to be kept on the farm so no tax or insurance and can run on red diesel just need a lightforce 170 for the roof now :no:

good luck mate ,nice find aswell pal :w00t:

am well pleased milo i had a one a few years back a commercial (van type) when i was offered it at £350 i thought it would be a proper dog but as long as it starts and the 4 wheel drive works i will have it but was pleasantly surprised when i seen it

Edited by steyrman

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 3.1 and a 3.0 ltr with a dead engine no suprise dont buy one they are rubbish my 3.1 has done 190k and runs like a clock and gets about all over the place with bf goodridge at tyres and the 2.8 was the best engine they made 100% bullet proff i am putting one into my 3.0 with the dead engine,my brothers one went bang at 140k reg serviced etc just blew up common problem isuzu say anyway banging on sorry ppl but if you get a good 3.1 or 3.0 shell and put a 2.8 in it its cheap to run and will go 4 ever lucas has one over 400k i swear to god you would never know uses no oil or water and runs well anyway good luck i have droned on enough

• 2 weeks later...
I had the 3.0TD. it was recalled for the injecter and for the turbo. and it still went bang.... if you have one get rid of it.... If your thinking of getting one don't :lol:

Never had a problem with mine and plenty of other happy owners out there - check out ITOCUK for a slightly more balanced view!. Like any vehicle, there's always the odd one or two that are poorly looked after or ill-treated and don't last so well.

Mine is up for sale, but not due to reliability - in 3 years it's had new glow plugs, a new battery and new rear brake pads and always starts everytime and has got me out of some hideously wet and muddy spots. I'm only selling it as we can't justify having 3 vehicles at the minute and the dedicated shooting truck has to go.