new style nissan navra

johndeerejoe

I think all these replies refer to the pre 2007 models and are hearsay at that.

I have a Navarra that works off road most of the time, almost every day and works HARD. It does not get treated well but then it's a workhorse not a Chelsea Tractor. It’s done 36k and apart from general maintenance (only every 18k) it’s fine, a well put together, well built, strong 4x4. My only nag is the fuel consumption...do not believe what’s written in the manual. Oh and the fact that getting punctures is a regular occurrence. :good:

i had a 52 plate d22 and it was brilliant done over 100k and never missed a beat,so i thought i,d try a new model so got one on demo for a week,my conclusions are overpriced,thirsty,and not as good off road as old d22!so bought a ranger thunder seems ok,i,ll let you know what its like in a few months seems better on fuel than nissan :blink:

Have you considered the Mitsubish Warrior?

I have had 2 mitsubishi's,the first was a 2000 model which i had for 3yrs then got a desire to own the Nissan Navara :good: i bought a club cab 2004 Navara......I HATED IT FROM THE MOMENT I DROVE IT :blink: i sold it 3 weeks later at a loss ( i am good at selling things at a loss ) i then bought a 2003 Warrior and loved it :lol: i never had a single problem with either of them,one of my biggest regrets is selling the warrior after 2yrs to buy a Range Rover.

:unsure: Hi, any one else got a Ford Ranger??? i have bought a new one in November 08,,a Thunder, the fuel isvery good,,advertised at 39mpg,, i get 34.9mpg,,,i fill the tank each time to the top so ican always work out the consuption,,i get up to 420 miles for 55 or 56 litrs of diesel.

I am using a local Texaco garage whick will soon have Texaco super diesel so it will be easy to see if the extra expence gives the extra miles..I have also learned to drive much more smooth,,less foot down,steady acceleration,,it got me 40 extra miles per tank of fuel,,,think about it,,

I think all these replies refer to the pre 2007 models and are hearsay at that.

maybe but try a look at them on autotrader and see how many state new engine, then have a look on ebay and you won't find a cheap second hand engine but you will find a fair few trucks with stuffed engines. Its the fact the con rods exit the block that makes it a big issue as its a majorly expensive repair. Ok they have sorted the problem I believe but if you buy an early one and its not had a new engine its either very lucky or still likely to happen

maybe but try a look at them on autotrader and see how many state new engine, then have a look on ebay and you won't find a cheap second hand engine but you will find a fair few trucks with stuffed engines. Its the fact the con rods exit the block that makes it a big issue as its a majorly expensive repair. Ok they have sorted the problem I believe but if you buy an early one and its not had a new engine its either very lucky or still likely to happen

Yes but where most people who have commented are wrong is that he asked about the NEW Nissan Navarra, the D40, the old model, the D22 was the one with the engine problem. By the way, Nissan have extended the warranty to 5 years on that model

it was more a reply to the engine problems being heresay,

as you say the new one appears to have none of the problems, hell of a big lump of truck though dwarfs my L200

Al4x my comments weren't directed at you but at everyone who, despite being asked for opinions on the new style navarra was spouting about the engine problem in the old model

• 1 month later...

I have an 08 Patherfinder (same engines) absolutley brilliant, a little agricultural, be a great all rounder, A relation has a 55 Navara, and yes engine blew, but a glitch with the engine that year. I will definitely be getting another.