Shore/harbor fishing in Tenerife

Paul@Ribchester

Evening all,

I am off to Tenerife on Friday to the Costa Adeje region, I'm thinking about taking a telescopic rod and was wondering if anyone on here has done any fishing in Tenerife (or any of the Canaries) and could give me some advice on what tackle I might need?

All help appreciated, I wait your replies.

Paul.

been to tenirife and fished there quite a few times . What part you going too? i was in playa las americas last time i went and was fishing at the harbour part , i tried alot of bates thick bread on top just gets hammered every cast .. i tried muscles they worked really well but got the best results on the good old sweet corn ! was pulling them out all the time dont ask me what they was called lol nice and bright with alot of spikes lol ! went on a boat out there as well got it cheap and had a couple of wahoo if thats how there spelt ? cheers good luck m8

Last time me and the wife went to Tenerife i bought a telescopic rod and reel from the market near costa adeje, it cost around 10 euros, we then fished from the rocks and harbour entrance, using bread , sweetcorn, small chunks of sausage and caught quite a few brightly coloured fish ( Wrasse ?).

I went out on the boats fishing for game fish, and all we caught were Bonito, mind you they scrapped well !!

Done some rock fishing in Lanzarote with the telescopic

great fun caught some really pretty coloured fish with the son and youngest daughter, think we used fish bait in a packet from the local shop.

Got to be a must to take the rod, if not you will regret it

Have a good holiday

Edited by Spaniel

I went big game fishing out of las americas, feb 06 caught nowt saw loads of whales tho pilot i think and a big *** turtle poped up , and a nice italian lady sun bathing topples on board free beer and dinner well not free realy 60 euros then the captain said it was due to the full moon the fish was feeding on a night time on squid so why the **** did he not tell us that before HAVE a great hols

• 2 weeks later...