Shotgun sight

billm

Just been given a fiberoptic sight from www.easyhit.com but cant try it out for a few weeks due to operation on left hand. Has anyone got one if so are they any good. Reading up on them they seem all right but don’t want to put it on my gun if not. b.m

I know a chap who has had their "mini-bead" fitted to his o/u on the advice of a shooting coach.

He swears it has improved his shooting, by getting him on to the target quicker and a more accurate judgement of lead required.

I believe they are easy(ish) to put on and take off.

So, if it doesn,t suit you, remove it.

The fibre-optic rib sights, seem to be an almost permanent fit.

I would want to try a gun with them fitted, before having my gun altered.

This looks like the old Singlepoint idea.

Light is gathered and projected down the rib to your eye.

They are especially helpful if you shoot from the right shoulder but your left eye is the stronger one.

You shoot with both eyes open and the red dot is superimposed on what you are looking at with both eyes.

I had a big one araldited onto my rib for a long time until it came loose and was lost. They definitely help, especially in failing light. Make sure it is correctly aligned with the barrel and that only one eye gets the red dot!!

I wouldn't hesitate in getting another one.

How much are these days?

rjimmer, if you go to the website http://www.easyhit.com/ there are various sights available at a range of prices, all in dollars.

I don,t know if there is a UK Agent.

Theirs all seem a little more compact than the one I had. That was almost half an inch across, great in the almost dark, calling in rafts of wigeon with my grandfather's whistle made from 4 bore cases.

Punt gunners used to put a lump of mud on the end of the barrel to take aim!

Faxed Target Sports for some details anyway.

I am wondering if a fibre optic sight, might be the answer to a problem I have, with my right eye.

It was my master eye, but it isn,t anymore.

I also have some large "floaters" in it.

At present, I close my left eye, just before firing, this can mean that I lose the target due to the "floaters".

I have tried mounting of my left shoulder, but that won,t work.

Keeping both eyes open isn,t very good, as I have to close my left eye to see the gun sight.

Having shot for so many years, these old habits are very hard to break.

I suppose I could always have a gun made with a cross over stock.   ;)

We are still selling the EasyHit sight - and would (obviously) recommend them. - I have one on my auto and it's particularly good when shooting against trees or any other dark beckground. The advantage over the single point sight is that the bead is only 3.5mm dia so only appears as a normal size bead.

Rgds

Graham

I also have some large "floaters" in it.

At present, I close my left eye, just before firing, this can mean that I lose the target due to the "floaters".

I am so glad to hear I am not the only one with dead cells in my eye ball (floaters), recently it has been so bad in my right eye that I was getting real worried, I tryed to get any info on the net, to no avail.

Would be interested to hear if you have any info as to whether these can be helped through medication, do you get eyeball filters HEHEHEHE.

its affecting my groups, I get terrible eye strain using the scope on my rifle.

I looked through a spotting scope and couldnt believe the amount of floaters I had we aint talking black bits, I am talkingclumps of the stuff. I am getting worried.

Any help would make me sleep better at nights.

Cheers

reynard895, I had serious cataracts in my right eye and had an artificial lens fitted about 10 years ago.

This operation has nothing to do with the "floaters", but I mention it, as it explains why I have access to one of the top opthalmic surgeons in the UK.

I see her once a year for a check up.

I started mentioning the floaters about 3-4 years ago.

She said that there is nothing that can be done, to clear them.

No medication and no "safe" surgery.

I would probably not be able to shoot through a telescopic sight, with my right eye.

Good job I no longer own a rifle. ;)

Thanks for your reply,

Not what I was wanting to hear, But life is a b**ch.

I may have to give up my rifles as well, it is that bad, I am strugling to not see floaters when I look through a scope.

Just sitting at puter typing, I can look up at the monitor and my right eye is a complete blurr.

Could you do me a favour please, to make things worse I noticed on your site calander that I will be 42 on Aug 12, I must of added the wrong year, it should read 1962 not 61,

could you amend this for please.

cheers

We are still selling the EasyHit sight - advantage over the single point sight is that the bead is only 3.5mm dia so only appears as a normal size bead.

Which model?

Looks like the Sport Shooting Bead 1.1 (3.0mm) is the one to get!!!

Is Singlepoint still available? I'm not concerned about the size!

From what I remember most of the top guys including Faulds don't even have a bead on the rib of their gun. Most coaches will tell you to forget about the sight and focus on the target. The easyhit is a good training aid if you are having problems with your master eye. If you don't have this problem forget about it or any other sights and focus on the target.

BB

• 2 years later...

well instead of adding a new topic i thoguht i'd just add my 2pence worth on here

i've just recieved one of those easyhit ones today from ukshootingsupplies for about £14 but got hit for about 6 quid on postage

unfortunatley the instructions were in french, fortunatley it seemed a fairly simple install.

having put it on i'm really impressed with it so far, not had the chance to take it out yet, i have neither eye dominant so i'm hoping this will help a bit

i went for the 2.5 mm bead, longer one the one that tom knapp uses

here's a couple of photos

DSCN0231.jpg

DSCN0230.jpg

Proteus,

Good luck with it, these things look pretty impressive when stuck on the gun and you are dry mounting in the house, but as others in this thread have pointed out, you shouldn't need it as both eyes must be focussed 100% on the target and not constantly checking the bead / target alignment.

I hope it works for you..!!

P.S. - Is your house normally that untidy..?? :thumbs: :lol::lol:

Edited by Double H

i always try to focus on the target all the time but even then i still see two images of the foresight and then i have to conscienously make sure i'm lining up with the leftmost image, i'll give it a go and see what i make of it it could be a different situation in the field

i'll hopefully give it a crack tomorrow and see what i make of it

ps my room isnt normally this bad, i've just got a few bits of work on the go, and that was the cleanest bit of floor near :thumbs:

The Single-point sight that I used to have, threw a very narrow shaft of light into your eye.

The Easyhit sight can be seen a little in the 'wrong' eye as well as the 'right' eye.

I think I would put one halfway down the barrel next time, to avoid this.

Thanks for your reply,

Not what I was wanting to hear, But life is a b**ch.

I may have to give up my rifles as well, it is that bad, I am strugling to not see floaters when I look through a scope.

Just sitting at puter typing, I can look up at the monitor and my right eye is a complete blurr.

Could you do me a favour please, to make things worse I noticed on your site calander that I will be 42 on Aug 12, I must of added the wrong year, it should read 1962 not 61,

could you amend this for please.

cheers

Should I be worried that I have some of those floaters in one eye at my tender age :rolleyes: