Liteforce or Nightstalker lamp?

mr lee

I'm off to buy a lamp this afternoon which will need to be good enough to have two uses. Firstly it is going to be used every night for the next 8 weeks on the quad (cig lighter) whilst lambing and secondly for shooting.

Seen the liteforce blitz 240mm one with an 800m beam and then the 100w nightstalker 220mm one. The nitestalker has a 5m lead which would be handy for hopping off the quad and lighting up the trailer once lambs get put in it for the mother to see and join. The liteforce doesn't list how long the cable is though. does anybody know? Also has anybody got any experience of the nightstalker range? All I know is they have an impressive 3 year warranty. Nothing listed for the liteforce though. Are they both weatherproof to a degree?

How powerful are the nightstalker ones? How decent a beam are they?

There is only £15 difference in price so no major headaches there but I would rather buy right fist time.

Anybody got any thoughts on both lamps?

Cheers.

I would go for the lightforce 170 rather than the blitz easier to carry and plenty bright enough, Mines been out in all weathers only issue has been the flex connection at the lighter socket but 5 mins with a soldering iron sorted that out

I would go for the lightforce 170 rather than the blitz easier to carry and plenty bright enough, Mines been out in all weathers only issue has been the flex connection at the lighter socket but 5 mins with a soldering iron sorted that out

Cheers Al4x.

The farmer offered to put £50 in the pot as he will be using it mainly through lambing and we will be using it the remainder of the year to shoot with. I initially had been thinking the 240 one for more light for him and had completely ignored the fact we will also be carrying it at some points. :hmm:

Ive got the 170 , it's a great lamp, going to get another one to hardwire into my shooting truck I'm that impressed with it. Been out in all weathers and had no issues, the flex is about 3 - 3.5 mieters if you pull it out I would guess, although I've never done it. It's easy to get extensiopn leads for a few quid.

I got the 170. :hmm:

Build quality looked far superior, the power cable is a coiled one rather than the Nitestalkers cable which was just two wires stuck together. The nitestalker I looked at wouldn't even adjust when I had a look at it so god only knows what it would be like on a wet evening a few months down the line.

Cheers for the info guys. :good:

Depends on how you want to use it when considering a lightforce. They're either gun mounted or handheld but not both unlike the Cluson (another option) that comes with a rifle mount and a stick to screw in for handheld.

No idea about the other option though.

Depends on how you want to use it when considering a lightforce. They're either gun mounted or handheld but not both unlike the Cluson (another option) that comes with a rifle mount and a stick to screw in for handheld.

No idea about the other option though.

Err Dave, I use my scope mountable Striker as a handheld, you just hold it by the bit behind the reflector... I think LF may also have brought out a handle lately too?

Edited by JohnGalway

Okay, I surrender. But they're not designed to be used like that. My mate uses his mounted one as a handheld and it's not ideal at all. I wasn't aware that they'd brought out a handle though.

I use a 140 handheld as a backup and a 170 mounted on a lighting bar on my Landy. In all honesty there's not a lot of difference in the two lights.