BOAR CLAY SHOOT

notbotherd

Opens Sunday, but will open during the week by appointment. Good testing targets - 60 yard crossers - but they never alter them.

DTL, Skeet and a decent sporting flush.

Decent bacon barms. If you have a 4 x 4 - great. If you don't - it's a trek up to the ground.

Well worth a visit. Prices are about £5.00 for 25 clays or thereabouts - it's 18 months since I last visited.

I last went about six months ago. They've improved the road up to the hut, but you'll still need to take it carefully if you're not in a 4x4. The people that run it are friendly and helpful. Best to call before you go, to make sure they're open. If the wind is strong or gusting along the valley, the targets can be 'testing'!

My brother and his mate took me to the Boar SG, nice and friendly, good targets, flush and a skeet. I believe we had to buy our cartridges there and I could not use my own. Their shells were plaswad, a real mess in a lovely spot.

I liked the bacon butties, first class!

ft

I believe we had to buy our cartridges there and I could not use my own.

You can use your own cartridges. It seems that people get the impression that you can't. Maybe the people running the Boar make a bit on the sale of their cartridges.