200tdi into lightweight

mickeylove

I know a local chap that did this last year. Though the lightweight had a V8 in it before so the bulkhead had been modified to fit LT95 box so space wasn't an issue. Is the 200Tdi you have from a defender or a Disco?? He also had to put the radiator and intercooler in at an angle but you could maybe seperate them.

Good luck

JF

Theres not much to it in theory but theres a few things like if the engine is out of a disco you have to modify the exhaust manifold, or if your still on leaf sprung series axle's the permenant 4x4 of the lt95 box will screw your uj's in the front

Any questions PM me an i'll try an help you out

Hi Mickey,

I did mine a year or so ago,dead easy,I binned the turbo as the series landy gearbox does not like 110+ horses! plus you dont have to worry about finding somewhere to fit the intercooler. I guess mine is running 80hp or so without and has power to spare over the 2.25 petrol and knocks the 2.25 diesel into a cocked hat.If you want to read up on the swap search for "Converting a series Landrover to a 200tdi engine" sorry I can fit/rebuild engines but putting a link on here stumps me! If you need ant specific info get in touch.

Cheers Nev.

post-4568-1238134837.jpg

Thanks for the replies, Ive picked up the ex disco engine and a new (secondhand) box so should get started over the next few days. Everyones split 50/50 on wether to ditch the turbo so ive decided to keep it for now and rebuild the old box in preperation. Will contact you if I get stuck. Cheers.