Semi auto on FAC

Hoppy

Hooray  my firearm certificate has just dropped through the letter box, but the question is which gun to go for. I already shoot a beretta silver pigeon 20 guage so i dont want to start mixing calibres thats the reason for a semi in 20 bore. Has any one either the UL 391 or the 1100 i havent a clue which is best  :what: . I would like to try the Remington as i'm not that happy with the finish on my Beretta, i dont know  if i expect too much but when i clean the old mans gun, a 20 year old Winchester 101 it looks better than my 8 month old Beretta ! Any comments chaps ? ;)

I agree totally Hoppy.  I've a mate who has a 391 and the quality of blueing is ****!  No matter what he cleans it with, or how often, it never makes a difference.  If you want to choose between the Beretta or the Remington, go for the Remy.  You'll be able to use and abuse it for years with no problems, whereas the Beretta needs loads of TLC.  It depends entirely on what you want - a workhorse that will just keep churning out cartridges no matter what you throw at it, or a showpiece gun that needs pampered.

If you want a semi-auto try a Mossberg or Benelli.  I've had both (I still would not part with my Mossberg for love or money) and would recommend them no problem.

Steve

Cheers Steve

Its the blueing and the finish on the ejectors that i dont like on my silver pigeon, funny your friend finds the blueing poor on his AL. If nobody comes up with  different views i think i will go with the Remy, do Mossberg do a 5 shot 20 guage? Ill have a browse on there web site, the only problem being the Remy has to come special order from the USA. Watch this space and i'll do a review in a months time hopefully. 8)

Mossberg don't do a semi-auto in 20g, only pump action.  Have a look at Benelli, they are really easily stripped and cleaned due to less moving parts than a conventional semi-auto action.  They do a fantastic camo finish and synthetic stock version that will last forever (well almost).

Steve

;)