Night vision

the gibbon

bolta, once again you seem to be having problems believng what others say and reading back on your posts this is not the first time you have had a problem like this.

the guy was trying to bring a bit of his experiance to the forum as i said before maybe its not true but maybe just possibly it is.

im reminded of the old saying "if you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all"

so take a chill pill and relax and save all your typing skills for constructive advice.

rob :)

PS thought there was a load of usful information on the site that rimfire put the link up to not only about the thermal sight but also about NV and others. Its nice to know what is out there, and plannning on spending me lottery winning on things other than cars and houses LOL :)

Hi Guys,

I'm going to end this now. Go to www.esldefence.co.uk click on EW Training Aids and you will see two pictures of a Mallina long range UV stimulator. The sight that is fitted to it is a red dot sight used for daytime use. This is usually fitted to the Laser Range Finder which bolts to the top of the Mallina so that automatic programme selection can be made by detecting range to the target. We are looking to replace this with the thermal image sight and have the output of the Mallina made covert so the light isn't visible. We have been trialling the sight and out of curiosity I fitted it to my Marlin rimfire to see what the effects would be on ground game.

No this information is not classified and neither is our website, so go on, have a read and see what we do. If anyone wants information on red dot sights or laser range finders you can also ask, but I may not have the answers.

Best regards

Rimfire

Hi Rimfire,

Is it completely impossible for you just to answer my questions :)

I asked you some rather simple questions and for me this would certainly not take long before I have answered these questions. But you, I don´t know ? Even my friends sitting here next to me shake their heads. They can´t certainly not understand why you can´t answer some simple questions ?

One question is still coming up here, are you really telling the truth :) If I were you I certainly not have such a thing hanging over me but it seems to fit good in your fantasy world, dream world or Bunny Roger world, I don´t know what you will call it.

Bolta

Hi Bolta,

I thought I had answered your questions in my last post, maybe you should try to read it. I have explained why I had one and what it was being used for and why I tried it.

Maybe if you got your head out of your **** and paid attention this wouldn't have got to where it is.

I don't have to justify myself to you or anyone else. If you don't like what you read on here, go somewhere else.

Maybe you could answer me a question, what do you do for a living and where do you come from and why haven't you completed your personal information, do you have something to hide?

My conscience is clear, this is what I do for a living, I work in the defence industry and before that I served in the Royal Air Force for 31 years so I do have a handle on this type of equipment.

Oh, and by the way, I am the Companies electro-optics sales manager.

If there is anything else you would like to know, I suggest you ask someone else, because I am done explaining myself to you.

Rimfire

Hi Bolta,

I thought I had answered your questions in my last post, maybe you should try to read it. I have explained why I had one and what it was being used for and why I tried it.

Hi Rimfire,

Have you answered my question I asked you ? No, you haven´t. You didn´t tell us what you are going to use a thermal sight for. This is the question, loud and clear !!!

Many, if not all members on this board are civilians and therefor they do not have any use for such a sight. So what should they and you use it for anyway ?

Since you won´t answer that question I can only think of one thing you can use such a sight for if you are a civilian and it is criminal activity. Well, I certainly don´t hope this was your intention but you leave us only with this option left. Because as I wrote before to buy such an expensive sight just for some pest control in night time is pretty daft. A ordinary cheap NV sight will could do the same job and actually give a better and more detailed picture than a thermal sight.

So now you know where I stand everytime your name is coming up in a thread on this board.

Bolta

Edited by BOLTA

Have you answered my question I asked you ? No, you haven´t. You didn´t tell us what you are going to use a thermal sight for. This is the question, loud and clear !!!

Many, if not all members on this board are civilians and therefor they do not have any use for such a sight. So what should they and you use it for anyway ?

Since you won´t answer that question I can only think of one thing you can use such a sight for if you are a civilian and it is criminal activity. Well, I certainly don´t hope this was your intention but you leave us only with this option left.

Bolta .... Me thinks youve lost the Plot mate.... Ok so Rimfire may have exaggerated his post a bit ... But he called your Bluff and explained why he had the TIS

I would suggest you Climb down from your soap box and let it be or it will only consume you and you will become bitter and twisted every time you read one of Rimfires posts.

For what its worth..

I have a friend whose name I could print but wont, who is stationed with the American Airforce locally...He is a ultra keen hunter in the American mould... has everything for every occassion... These are his words not mine... slightly abbreviated..

It is as you correctly said illegal to export from the US gen 2 3 & 4 NV E and TIS without an Export Licence. The TIS cannot be exported full stop as it is governed by the International Arms Control Regulations.

However, and this is where it gets a bit incongruous, All these products can be bought by American Civilians and can be brought into this country for legitimate hunting use... (I have been offered a Gen 3 scope using this route which I declined.) Tis equipment is not Classified in the states and is popular amongst hunters and rescue service companies some of which are independant

I understand also after talking to a main US supplier That Export Licences for this This type of equipment ( With the exception of the Gen 4 & TIS ) is quite easy for a British citizen to get particularly if you hold a firearms certificate... It just takes an inordinate amount of time which is why many dont bother with it.

Perhaps any of our American correspondants can shed a bit of light on the regulations in respect of the availability of Gen 2 3 & 4 equipment.

Yours cordially

FM.

Hi FM,

What your friend says is correct. We have access to this equipment because we work closely with the US Military but we have to jump through all sorts of hoops even when trying to assist them. These scopes are subject to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) as well as requiring special export licences approved by the US DoD, and End User Statements etc etc.

rjimmer,

I believe Exocets would be more suitable for wildfowling as they are a sea skimming missile I believe, you had better ask Bolta, he's the expert. I'm only familiar with manpads.

Best regards to all.

Rimfire

Anybody know where I can pick up an Excocet missile on the cheap ?. I'm sure they must be freely available now and think they would be just the job for the local ***** site.

I understand there is a Army Navy store in NewYork which can provide anything including a Exocet as long as it is not fitted with a Nuclear Warhead. !!!! :huh:

Rimfire, you replied thinking, by mistake, that I had mentioned Exocets.

No problem!

I had the same sort of flak about 2 years ago when I mentioned my GenIII Anvis goggles.

Your thermal sight might be handy for wild Boar!

Edited by rjimmer

Hi FM,

What your friend says is correct. We have access to this equipment because we work closely with the US Military but we have to jump through all sorts of hoops even when trying to assist them. These scopes are subject to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) as well as requiring special export licences approved by the US DoD, and End User Statements etc etc.

rjimmer,

I believe Exocets would be more suitable for wildfowling as they are a sea skimming missile I believe, you had better ask Bolta, he's the expert. I'm only familiar with manpads.

Best regards to all.

Rimfire

Hi,

What a joke you are, Rimfire. People are laughing at you.

First this equipment was certainly not classified stuff according to you. Well, I said it was and so have others too now. And now suddently you are saying that this stuff is classfied stuff - you are certainly changing your mind quite often about this subject, don´t you ? And if I remember correctly you stated in the beginning that you had such a thermal sight, later on you changed that to you had the sight for only loan. Can´t you see for yourself that you are a big joke here !!!

And what about all these questions I asked you about what you are going to use such a thermal sight for as a civilian ? I never and no one else ever heard you say what you actually would use such a sight for. Again, if you really worked with such stuff everday you ought to know better.

As I have said earlier, no one in their wildest fantasy would ever buy a thermal sight for just hunting rabbits at nighttime. This is the most crazy idea I have ever heard in my entire life. A cheap NV sight will easy could do the job and well actually how many rabbits have not be taken with a simple gunlamp !!!

And no, I am not an expert on this field and I never said I were. Again, this is one of your little lies coming up again. No, I am realistic here - THATS what I am. I am not here for impressing or lying for anyone - I am just here for the sake of the truth. Both to get the truth and telling the truth. You could probably learn alot from this fact instead of living in your dreamworld - well, that dreamworld I suppose comes from too many computergames and too many movies. Wake up, Rimfire !!!

Bolta

Edited by BOLTA

Bolta's flipped. Let it go.

I think Rimfire is probably guilty of boasting in his initial response to the posters question.

If you asked Rimfire whats the best 4x4 off-roader for the money, he would probably say "sod that! you want a battle tank, ive got one and its awesome".

Saying that the chap has fully justified why he has got this piece of equipment even though he doesnt actually own it as his initial post implied. If he was telling porkies id have thought that he'd turn his back on the thread and lay low for a bit. Like this chap :*)

Id say hes responded the Bolta's monotonous barrage sufficiently. Credit to Rimfire, he didint have to. Id have just told you to shut up as it wouldnt bother me if you believed me or not.

With regard to the scope, you would be surprised what people can get their hands on if they want to.

I dont think Bolta's an ***......yet. Just let it go man.

As for the poor bloke that has seen his thread well and truly hi-jacked. For value for money, get an XVD System from Soviet Bazzar, a good scope and a decent source of illumination. I cant fault mine. You just take it off in the daytime and put it on when you need it. Simple.