UTV's

badshot

The Polaris ranger is a good machine used to have one fast and go anywhere on the hill. Used to do all the stalking, pheasants and partridges with it never let me down.

Couple of the estates up here have done away with Argos and bought them instead more comfort and speed and alot cheaper.

Regards dustyridge.

Thanks guys, have ordered gator today. Take care of mule the diesel engine is v expensive to repair, my brother had to rebuild one that snapped a conrod and bent all valves, it was on insurance but no one had a new engine so had to be rebuilt. The high level air intake looks good but under the seat is the air cleaner which has the usual little rubber sqeezy bit to let out excess dust, not water tight.

Me and one of the members of our syndicate in Scotland used to both have Kawasaki quads, they were next to useless on that land, with all the wet and swamps and stuff, and we needed vehicles to extract the reds, so we both got an argo each. Yes, they're not the fastest, or the most comfortable, but they will go anywhere, and you can't get the steering torn out of your hands by rough ground

Polaris rangers IMO drink petrol, ugly, no dealers and the company are biased

New mule dosent have enough suspension travel, and a limited slip front diff, but it does have power steering

the Massey is a cab cadet and is very good but for the price you might as well get the gator, and you can fit a full sized pallet in the back, and It comes road legal.

The Gator XUV is expensive but IMO are the best built, best ride, Most featurs and loads of dealers, IF and when you need parts. BUT the cup holders are mounted very low. :)

Just my 2p

Tried most things, best so far is Yamaha Rhino 660. Close second is polaris ranger. Ranger has very slightly smoother ride, and more room, but rhino goes like stink, and is small and agile. Liked the argo 6x6 I had but it was high maintanance and bit on the slow side. Kawasaki mule.. I had one a few years ago, it was slow underpowered and suspension seemed almost non existent. In all fairness they have changed a fair bit now though. Kubota Ok but limited suspension travel, big, and slow top speed. I know they ar'nt meant to be speed merchants, but If you need to travel between pieces of land on the road 25mph will get on your tits! Rhino did 45mph standard, spent £110 on an aftermarket CDI to open the speed limiter out, now does 52mph 2 up on the flat, steady as a rock... Handy! :good:

We have a new Gator XUV and an old-school Polaris Ranger that does 40mph (great for chasing foxes down over stubbles). I personally prefer the Gator XUV, mainly as we have a good existing relationship with the local JD workshop, and because it is a much more refined machine