Horses

new to the flock

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife did, her last one which she had since she was 10 was put down about 18months ago. We've still got a Dartmoor Pony out on loan with a family in Lincs. Amazing little thing, wasn't backed when we loaned her but was immediately happy be ridden my the kids when they tried it, turned out to be bomb proof, not scared of anything. Just hope we don't get it back!!

We have eight I think ? three of them are ex race horses, and they're the sensible ones.

my wife and daughter both hunt with the local hunt, my son and also my daughter showjump

do one day events and all the pony club stuff.

We were really chuffed last year as my daughter was picked as a member of the junior welsh tetrathlon team that went to Scotland.

the pony she rode for that is up for sale if any ones interested :blink:

by the way their names are Pukane, Bonnie, Saucy Night, Classen, Mel, Tonto, Harry and Logun.

Edited by markb

Jumped since I can remeber. Only have one old retired welsh section D mare, sold the jumping pony when I grew out of it.

The one I am on below is a friends, I had to prove to some people that I still 'had it' and he lent me him for a few hours.

Still hack occasionally but left all of that competative bow-lacks behind.

JumpPW.jpg

Iv grown up horse riding as has silver pigeon. We dont currently own our own yet but my sister has one called sid and silver pigeon has taken a unloved and abbandond horse called red under her wings and is helping him !

Sorry I dont have photos ATM but will try to get some up ! :blush:

Hey!

As Salop Sniper says I am Horse Mad and currently am looking after a 16.2 chestnut with white blaze beautiful Thoroughbred!

He is beautiful, and I cannot believe that his owner just dumped him! :blush:

He's got a stunning temperament, and I'm just building his strength up so that he can enjoy more of life, loads of walking and uphill trotting to strengthen the Tendons and improve his fitness! I will get some photos on when I can!....

The photos that everyone's put up are lovely, especially of horsey friends remembered....so this opporunity to say R.I.P Filly and Gypsy...the horses who I started out with and taught me so much!! Best friends whole-heartedly missed... :/

We had them when the girls were younger - they were taught to ride as toddlers by their aunt and kept at it until their late teens.

It's a great discipline learning to look after horses and to be recommended.

Not least because it provides a distraction from unsuitable men!!!!

it must be your area, where I am they are quite :blush: firm and pertite (had to think then)

if you think about it logicaly it must depend on wether they look after their own horse or have others do it for them

all that mucking out and riding etc etc keeps you very fit and trim, I've worked on a number of yards in my time and

you rarely find overwieght workers, even the lads are generaly like bean poles

ladies and jodhpurs :lol: used to ride mate horse when i was young :lol: come of it no end of times

me and horses :lol:

we started Morgan pony lessons last year, and she loved it she is now 4 i put a stop to it, she looked so small and vulnerable.

going to start it up again when she is a little bigger, about 5

get asked the question quite a lot, are we going to Se chuckles soon grandad (bad protective grandad)

weve had 3 over the years we only have the 1 now as they cost a frtune to keep.its a 14.2 welsh section d mare. the missus uses her for hunting and does the local show jumping comps.....hers a piccy of megan sorry its the only one i have on my mobile phone its the missus unloading her from our horse box and my paj

01032009735.jpg

Well he took his time Mr Flock.

That poor mare :sick:

So you have got your work cut out now.

What are your plans for him.

And next time i come over i want to have a ride.

Think i will pick one with the shorter legs :yes:

The little black and white one looks about right handbag size (He do me) :yes:

Well done give mum a pat from the sweepys

xxxxSuzy