Started a new job!

Billy.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did not have to suffer the silly comments from silly little girls about cruelty to animals because they were shot .

Harnser .

I wouldnt advise you shot the silly girl that flicked the V's at you! :lol::blush: but just do all the things the fella's say on here, read shooting times, wear your realtree cammo to work, go on PW, eat pigeon pie and so on shel soon shutup :/

Im just known as a wildlife killer at work by someone yet this is the same person who activley seeks out the cheapest broiler bird he can find in supermarket so i always point this out to the miserable *** and he then dont speak to me for rest of day-result. :blush:

You just cant educate a dumb ***.

I have an "ignoranti" at my place of work who used to go round, with almost no success, trying to collect money for various "animal welfare" charities. The sort that anyone with half a brain realised were little more than a front for home grown extremists.

One morning I rushed, all breathless and agitated, into her her office and and blurted out - " I`ve just seen the most appalling sight. Hundreds of animals bred in horrible, artificial conditions and killed without mercy. They never stood a chance! There are bits of them laying about all over the place. What can we do?"

She practically had her coat on and was halfway out of the door when she asked "Where is this place?"

"Just up the road." I answered, "It`s called Tesco."

I have an "ignoranti" at my place of work who used to go round, with almost no success, trying to collect money for various "animal welfare" charities. The sort that anyone with half a brain realised were little more than a front for home grown extremists.

One morning I rushed, all breathless and agitated, into her her office and and blurted out - " I`ve just seen the most appalling sight. Hundreds of animals bred in horrible, artificial conditions and killed without mercy. They never stood a chance! There are bits of them laying about all over the place. What can we do?"

She practically had her coat on and was halfway out of the door when she asked "Where is this place?"

"Just up the road." I answered, "It`s called Tesco."

:lol:

these people have what I call "fluffy bunny syndrome", usually brought on by ignorant influential family, or stupidity. It's a hard illness to cure, but it would be worth it. educate the idiots :lol:

Save your breath: just tell them all to go and do one.

And rub your old man round the inside of their tea cups - it won't educate or change their minds, but you'll pee your self laughing forever.

Another vote for Flashman's method :lol: And if you've ever met Flashman you'll just know he's done this for real :lol:

Next time these girlies come in with a new pair of shoes ask them if they are leather or not and wait for the reaction - when you ask wonder what animal the leather came from? Dare I ask what do they eat on their sandwiches?

I dont have that problem in my office, just outside my office window is a small wood and its full of life. The rest of the office say to me look at that rabbit, squirrel outisde or the wood pigeon. They know I go rabitting and ask could you get that? They ask what I get and do I eat what I shoot. We swop recipe ideas as to what you can do with what.

They even ask on a monday morning if I have been shooting or fishing over the weekend! I have a photo gallery of my fishing pics on the board by my desk, great talking point. When I was interviewed for the job the HR boss a woman told me about the pheasants outside and asked about my shooting and fishing and said afterwards what a interesting person I was! Just goes to prove not everyone is narrow minded they just need educating.

Can I have a week in your office please?

I had this with our bunny hugging receptionist... (She seriously hugs bunnies, donates to rabbit charities etc. :lol:). She hates me already because she knows I feed frozen rabbits to my Burmese python.... Anyway, she signed for a large carcass tray I had delivered to work for stalking. :good:

Then the inevitable question came... "what is that for?"

We've barely spoken since. :lol:

Cracked me up! well done :lol::hmm:

Our office is staffed by full time people,and rotating in and out. one of the admin is a farmers daughter, five of the staff shoot (out of 30)

my mates lad used to beat for our shoot before he became a teacher (I guess he has a balanced view now?)

we have two veggie types and a few squeamish girls, they all know and ask what I have been up to over the weekend and often I have been out early morning before work.

I go to scotland goose shooting and stalking a few times ayear, but other than the odd request for a leg of venison I never get any problems,

even when my boss gave me a veggie as an assistant once,(I took her to feed the pond one afternoon,) she had to agree the birds had a better life than most reared meat.

I have great workmates, Filipinos, Malaysians,Chineese and Indonesians.

They don't have the kind of shooting we have in UK and eagrly look forward to me coming back to the raft with some pics of my escapades, they want me to bring a video of a few shooting pics so thats my job for this coming break.

Jake.

Save your breath: just tell them all to go and do one.

And rub your old man round the inside of their tea cups - it won't educate or change their minds, but you'll pee your self laughing forever.

As close to a perfect solution as I can think of. Nicely done Flashman.

Where I work I get no problems at all, and I make no secret whatsoever of my shooting. I think that it is either because I am the boss, or because everyone who works for me is either in the forces or is ex forces, and therefore the proportion of limp-wristed gaylords zero. In fact, I have quite a nice little sideline in the supply of rabbit and pigeon going on.

ZB

im lucky as i'm in the same situation as zap.

one of my bosses is a bit anti, but most of the guys there show an interest in what i get upto on the weekends, after getting to know them one has got his shotgun license and 2 more are aplying for theirs. i've got one mate who loves eating game now and regularly asks me to give him pigeons ect.

we do have one veggie, but he knows the score, he doesn't complain at all and still shows an interest. i definately think you will win them over sooner or later. an if all else fails follow flashmans advice, in fact just do it anyway because its good for morale!!!

Tell them that you only shoot fluffy rabbits cos you lost the club that you used to beat baby seals on the head with :):good:

This always provokes a silence, and they will then start to look at you in a decidedly edgy way :good: :(

Don

Must be a Warrington thing Dead-Eyed, when I'm asked when I'm going on holiday I usually tell them I let them know when I find out the date of the seal clubbing season!

On a slightly more serious note I do hope Flashman was joking, no matter what a person's misguided opinions are, that treatment is nauseating.

Mr Potter