Hoovers!

Hunter

Hi all! I feel a bit lady like doing a topic like this.

Some of you know I am joining the fire service (overnight, daytime cover) as a retained fire fighter.

I have been stuck with finding work, but I have found something that everyone needs and will pay for on a regular basis if done well.

Car cleaning. I have bought myself an ex display model Karcher Pressure washer. (worth 200Pounds+ new)

I have test run this on my car using of of the add ons that Karcher sells, I had to spend more on accessories then on the machine itself! but the car is looking like new.

Now my dilema...

Im thinking of buying a wet/dry bagless hoover for multi purpose use. Karcher sell the A2254 1200W

http://www.twenga.co.uk/offer/47472/6641751712060355220.html

Does anyone clean cars who can give me any advice or tips? I have fleet 6-8 vehicles to clean often every month. And they need to be kept to a high standard.

But im totally new to car cleaning, even though I get comments about my own car being spotless!

I also have a large box of polish, shampoo, cotton cloth, and stain removers to get me going! (thanks to the company for paying for all that).

I also got the Karcher foam lance:

What do you use to clean cars? any tool that makes life easier?

Thanks for looking!

Remember, if you end up cleaning vehicles in a commercial carpark be aware that the environment agency can fine you heavily for discharging the water into the public drainage system.

Commercial valeters often use a bund type thing to avoid this, not sure 100% of the details but its something to be aware of.

As for a vacume id sudgest a henry hover, they work well and take no end of abuse spares are cheap and easy to get.

Cheers guys! been looking at Henry hoovers today, I can get them at work for about 70 pounds which is good, but I might go for something a little more powerful? if I can afford it..

We have them at the school where I work. The car cleaning is for the vehicles used by staff members of the boarding school. So its all 'off road' and not on any public highways or carpark areas which is good.

Theres a bunch of hard working Polish chaps car cleaning outside Homebase where I am at the moment, and on sunny days they have tons of cars rolling in. Must be good business.

Karcher PUZZI 100 CARPET CLEANER amazing bit of kit mine is the older model its been heavily used and its still going strong you can make a dirty dog of a car trim look mint

ya can also clean ya home carpets to a professional standard , for the extra you will pay this will earn its self back 100x over in its life

there truly amazing bits of kit , also find a motor factor that sells wax , trim sheen , etc etc in 5l tubs dont be tempted by over priced often poor quality valeting products

your paying for the fancy vans and traveling sales men , finaly get a real high quality Chamois Leather and look after it a descent one can save ya good 1/2 drying a car off

you want to look @ eurochem there cheap ish tbh find a good fluid for your cleaner one for your puzzi and a good wax (wiz wax or fast wax ) and you can polish a **** ,, well nearly lol

Edited by jayward

What do you use to clean cars? any tool that makes life easier?

I use a group of Eastern Europeans. Bought them a shed to live in and throw in the occasional swan so they don't go hungry. I pay them £2 per hour. They're just happy to be here, and can subsidise their wages by stealing the tax discs and selling them on the black market!! :good:

Tools are very important. I find a sponge and bucket are plenty. A drop of warm water and some fairy liquid........................sorted!! :)