Easyhit

reddan

I`m the other way round right handed left eye dominant, i just close my left eye, job done £30 saved.

He has tried that and although had many leasons still struggles,. I have heard that to close or block an eye doesnt help guage angle and speed so I just wondered if this was a fad or the genuine article.

Dan

The trick is not to close it completely, leave it open slightly, the main dis-advantages of closing the eye is firstly depth perception goes out of the window, secondly closing the means you lose quite a large piece of you vision meaning you pickup targets later due to narrow vision.

Hello:

I am brand new here, and recently moved from Northern California to southwestern France. I found your forum while looking around to find other hunters who call foxes. Now that I'm without coyotes and bobcats, I hope to find some foxes to call in the Pyrenees.

In California I owned a store specializing in shotguns and fly fishing. I sold many of the Easy Hit sights and aside from discussing their use as an aide in overcoming cross-dominance, I just wanted to mention what makes them different from other fiber optic sights.

On the end of the sight nearest your eye, there is approximately 1" of hollow tubing, (the same tubing which holds the fiber optic piece to the rib with an adhesive), so that if you are not totally in line with the fiber optic rod, the image is noticably different. Most fiber optic sights give you the same visual image whether you are in line with the rod or not.

As I understand it, they will no longer be made as the manufacturer they contracted with required a run size that they did not wish to commit to for their re-order.

I enjoy your site and hope to learn more.

Thanks,

Pete

I'm right handed, left eye dominant and have had easyhit beads on all my guns for a few years, some people swear by them, some people think they are rubbish. My opinion is that they do help, a great deal....I tried all sorts of tricks, partly closinone eye, obscuring my vision on my clay shooting glasses on the one lense etc etc etc.

It took me a month to get adjust to shooting both eyes, fully open and relying on the easyhit bead to align the correct eye. At first i thought it wasn't working, but it was explained to me that i was now seeing the real sight picture, so my aim points would be totally different, so a month or so on the clays and i was ready to get back on quarry/game. I found that only did it work, my hit ratio was a lot better with both eyes fully open (obviously due to full peripheral vision).

I'm certain that you will get mixed views about this, some opinions from people that have neither incorrect eye dominance or tried using the easyhit bead. But thought i would put some input in anyways!

• 2 weeks later...

just thought I would post an update. my dad went ahead a bought one anyway without waiting for the opinion on here. Got a call the night it arrived to say that now he can see two pictures of his gun when both eyes open. One side view and one top view, but two barrels. So he is shutting one anyway.

Anyway we went clay shooting on Sunday with new sight fitted and instead of his normal 15/50 he shot 31/50! Now it might have been all in his head but whatever it has worked for him.

I was there with my new gun and he beat me, I still coming to terms with that. I might get one myself, not because of cross eye domence but he says you can get on the target easier because the bead is so obvious that it is easy to bring up to the clay.

Dan