How much land is require for your own clays

dapper

Hi there,

I hope I have posted in the right section.

I was wondering how mach land, acreage you would need to be able to shoot clays! I dont mean for a venue, just so 1 maybe a 4 people could use to shoot clays. For personal use.

As the clay machines sre not that expensive, for the ones on the lower cheaper scale. Obviously if you did it regularly it would be much cheaper than going to a club.

Does anyone know? Or at least point me in the right direction or is that a question for BASC?

Cheers

Dave

Edited by dapper

Hi Dave i am no expert but i dont think there is any "rule of thumb" regarding acreage, as always the safety matter is the main concern as well as the location as in regard to the noise that 4 people would make shooting clays if houses are anywhere near, as i say Dave i'm no expert :blush:

Planning permission is going to be your biggest problem, however i think there is an exception if you are only using for a certain number of hours per year, don`t quote me on that though.

This was discussed in another thread do a search and it should chuck it up.

Go on the CPSA website and download the information booklets:

Safety

How to Run Small Shoots.

You need 275m of fallout in front of the shooting positions through the arc of fire + 10% for drift. Loosely speaking that means about 10 acres minimum. You need to own the land or have fallout rights on it ( in writing).

Planning allows 28 days use of Agricultural land under the 1964 GDO, for other purposes. Usually interpreted as a shoot every other week. Non agricultural land and use over 28 / 365 days needs planning consent.

If all shooters are SGC no problems, but guests need to be covered by either Sec 5 or Section 11 of the FAA.

Noise is regulated by the EHO, who uses guidance provided by CIEH. Noise is deemed a nuisance at above 65dB A weighted fast at the nearest public access point nr the shoot. In some places 60dB or even 57dB may apply.

Dont forget to be insured.