Lead substitute air rifle pellets

Steve

Never let your gunshop talk you into trying Promethus (or something like that) lead-free pellets.  They have all the ballistic properties of a flying ****!!  I was trying to peg some ferals for my father-in-law and I could almost imagine them sitting on the shed saying "Just stay still .... he'll never hit you".  :grumpy:

Anyway, the upside is I returned 2 days later with some "full-fat, high colesterol, environmentally-unfriendly" lead pellets and sorted the little ******* out!  ;)

Those stupid pellets cost loads more and I find them a load of rubbish (Rubbish was not the word I was about to use!)

The only reason I got talked in to buying them was because the bloke in the gun shop said that normal pellets would just be destroyed in my f.a.c air gun but I find the good old pellets fine!  

;)

That's the worst case of bulls**t I've heard Dave.  My rifle generates 24lb/ft energy at the muzzle and it's never destroyed a pellet yet!  That bloke in your gunshop needs a good slap!  :evil:

The cost is ridiculous, I paid something like £6 for 200 pellets.

I would recommend the heavier Bisley Pest Control pellets for FAC rifles.  What's your preferred brand?

Well the good news is I have never gone back to the gun shop and don’t even know if it still there.

But I find that anything works in the way of pellets I like big heavy pellets in F.A.C guns. I have used  Bisley Pest Control and they seam to be good for stopping power I love to use them against rats!

;)