BASC

Yep Lazza and I are both members. I think it’s an important part of you shooting gear not only for the insurance or legal advice but to help support the voice of shooting against these namby pamby antis.

Plus if you have any kids interested in the sport there is an offer in the May edition of The Field (posh people's shooting magazine) for a free Young Guns membership worth £15.  I’ve sent the form for my 13 year old daughter as she is raring to get started.

:(  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

It's funny you should mention joining BASC because I too need to join but was quite shocked to find out how expensive it is now. Previously I got automatic membership of BASC through the Woodpigeon Club I was in. Having moved to a different area I am too far away to take advantage of that club so need individual membership, but I was only paying £5 more for years club subscriptions! I suppose I'll just have to pay though.

I too am a member of BASC as are my 2 shooting companions. I would not take anyone out with me unless they were a member. This is a dangerous sport we play at so it definately pays to be covered as an accident could be extremly costly for the individual that causes it.

I know of someone that was out foxing at night and was a novice at it. He trailed a fox down a hill till it dissapeared into some rushes. Up popped a set of eyes bright orange so he leveled his gun and put its lights out. A split second later the eyes showed again a bit further to the his left, he thought he missed it so fired again. Then believe me another set of eyes appeared close to where the second set appeared, so he fired again. He went down expecting to find a fox with 3 holes it it what he found was 1 fox 1 calf and 1 cow ALL DEAD. Guess what; he had no insurance, cost him a few quid out of his hip pocket I can tell you. But it showed him and me how easy accidents happen. People are caused by accidents and accidents are caused by people. So be sure what you are shooting at especially at night. 8)

PC, It sounds to me as though that chap needs a brain transplant, I don,t think the BASC do those.

Didn,t he realise that the eyes were at different heights ?

Or did he think he was shooting the biggest fox in the World ?

It scares the life out of me that someone as careless as that, has a firearm certificate or any other weapons licence.  :but:

Another example of GOOD service.

I received all of my BASC stuff this morning.

Very interesting, their quarterly magazine/newsletter "The Voice of Shooting" is rather good and you get the window sticker and a cool lapel badge.

All the insurance and other membership benefit information is there as well.

I,m suprised we have not had much response to this question.

Gents,just a word of warning,should you need legal advice from a solicitor regarding any certificate problems,you are NOT covered for this by BASC.You are entitled to legal ADVICE,but not legal representation,you would need to take out seperate legal cover to pay for the services of a solicitor.The BASC legal insurance only covers you for third party claims. :(

I am a member.  I joined to protect my sport.

William

The more people that join BASC the better for all of us, when fox hunting is banned that will only be the thin end of the wedge. If you enjoy and want to protect any form of shooting then join BASC and become a large collective voice.

otherwise  " THE END IS NIGH "

Cranfield, in answer to you earlier comment this was the first time out he had only ever seen a fox on a postcard and never shot at night. As I said accidents are caused by people as well as people are caused by accidents.

Surely even you have made a mistake .....or are you not going to admit it on the forum :laugh:  8)

where i am theres not much chance of getting shooting rites if your not a member , most land owners usually ask if you are a member and if you are not it usually means u wont get any shooting. i can`t understand anyone not being a member it`s worth it alone just for the insurance if not what basc stands for!!!!!!  :what: