A Lot Of Bull

new to the flock

This is NARCISSE the Daddy of my soon to be yearling heffer. That is if all goes well. :D as Trix really likes the Red and I have my heart set on the Dunn. :D

post-181-1238545905.jpg

The only thing worse than that thing chasing you, would be that thing chasing you with a hard on. :hmm::lol:

WOW

I dont know much about Bulls Mr Flock.

But his a fine looking beast.

So when will the dirty deed by done.

Explain please .

xxxxSuzy

The young Lady or Ladies are already on the ground Suzy, I am just waiting on Trix's retro cheque to bring them home.

For those wondering he is just over a ton :D and gentle as a pussy cat....well a pussy cat with claws and teeth this long :D

NTTF

In my job as an AI man, my heart always sinks when i hear the words "we only keep a couple of beasts", the reason being that usually when you arrive to serve the bulling animal its running around a 10 acre field feeling fruity and not wanting to come to the owner, never mind some stranger dressed in protective clothing smelling of disinfectant. so after what can be some time they manage to get the beast penned up in some small shed and say "there she is all yours, please do your best as we have only got a few animals and they all count. a few years ago i would enter the shed with the animal and try to serve her usually to no evail, so then the owner comes in carrying a big stick and saying "come on now daisy this nice man is here to give you a baby" and we eventually manage to get her behind a gate and i can them do the deed which by this time the semen is usually dead through being unfrozen for so long. so 3 weeks later you go through the whole thing again with the owner saying are you sure you did the job correct last time?

However after being on the job so to speak for 32 years i have now learned, so this is how it happens now, i now say "you get them penned up and then i will appear from behind the shed with freshly thawed semen and serve her.

I have spent too much of my life chasing other peoples animals. they are your animals you chase them.

Bad Day at work peck? :blush:

I do have to agree with you though there is nothing more agrevating than animals that are not ready for you when you show up or that are impossible to handle or catch. There are far too many well mannered animals out there to keep bad stock around. If people would spend time working with their livestock instead of just throwing feed at them their lives and those that have to work with the animals lives would be much easier. Barring that properly working shoots and gates, a good herding dog...be it cattle or sheep.......and proper set ups make a world of differance.

NTTF