Gun Snobs

Cosd

To be absolutely honest, I'd quite like to get a Baikal :lol:

There's a cracker in the for sale section at the moment but in Hampshire and the chap wants a local sale.

They're clearly built to last and I wouldn't mind one as a knockabout/spare/windup tool :good:

Not to mention a cheap gun to go out and beat the toffs with.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think the problems with gun snobbery are the real issue,i think its the way people naturally big the gun up that they own at the time.Ive not seen TOO many threads where someone will say that theyve saved up a load of hard earned cash and done their homework,then bought a gun which they now own and think is ****.Still it was a good point well made and has created a good thread...which when your sat at a computer all day working out boring quotes for building jobs you probably aint ever gonna get.... lightens the mood a bit.

RH

Hi Cosd - thanks for sticking up for my gun ;) I didn't bother replying to the implied insult as I didn't want to feed the troll :good:

I've also found the same attitude with one or two folk on the diving forums, but they always have a really 'good' reason for never getting wet

Being the owner of a cr*p Italian gun will not stop me from talking/shooting with anyone on this forum - as long as they can stand me being a social leper :lol:

BTW I got hold of a manual from the website recommended, so the initial thread wasn't a complete bust.

Didnt the early madel lanbers have bamboo barrels ?

Harnser .

Only the Chinese imitations :lol:

They're otherwise hard to spot.

If you look carefully you can see the makers mark "Ramber" burnt into the bamboo receiver. :good:

Edited by Chard

I think according to this thread if you have a Lanber you smell of wee

Oh well looks like i need to stock up on more deodorant to mask the smell of pee, I'd have a bath but every lanber owner knows the first thing you read in the owners manual is "Improve your shooting by not having anymore baths/showers and p*** yourself regulary". I've not really seen any improvement in my shooting since taking this advice but i have noticed that others around me seem to be shooting worse than ever :good: .

Steve (lanber fencing ltd share holder)

Oh well looks like i need to stock up on more deodorant to mask the smell of pee, I'd have a bath but every lanber owner knows the first thing you read in the owners manual is "Improve your shooting by not having anymore baths/showers and p*** yourself regulary". I've not really seen any improvement in my shooting since taking this advice but i have noticed that others around me seem to be shooting worse than ever :good: .

Steve (lanber fencing ltd share holder)

Steve,

I've removed a 20 foot length of privet hedge between my garage and the side of the property.

Could you give me a quote to do it in either 12g or 20g walnut stock.

Top man :lol:

I've just remembered when I first moved to the village there was a nice little clay shoot going on, about 15/20 members

did a bit of every thing sporting, skeet &dtl, not long after getting my medalist I was having a go at DTL and hitting nothing except the going away one,

any how the farmer who ran the club lent me his very expensive trap gun I still hit nothing not even the going away target?:lol:??? :unsure:

anyhow if your main thing is rough shooting, and your climbing fences and wading through ditches do you realy want a flash expensive gun getting covered in mud & cxxx & stuff,

I just popped out to have a go at some crows, but after reading this lot, I was so embarresed for the crows that I've now put my medalist back in the cupboard.

not a shot was fired in anger, I'll give it a rub down later :unsure:

• 1 month later...