Lamping the Night Away

JohnGalway

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had you any luck Bart?

Well done john on your latest "batch" of foxes.

I didnt manage to get out because of the fog.It was just too bad to see more than 50 yards so it was not worth driving round for 4 hours looking at fog :good: I gave my guns a good clean and did manage a couple of hours checking zeroing and the 22-250 was not too bad,it was a bit off but still a good group at 180 yards(about 1.5 inch)which is ok for the first 3 bullets after a good clean.The 17hmr was a bit more eratic and managed a paltry 4 inch group at 100 yards.The 17 has a "sweet spot" which seems to be between 60 and 250 bullets when it shoots bang on and it always shoots eratic after cleaning until you put about 50-60 through it.

Anyhoo i am deffo going out this week before the crops get up.

Well done john :rolleyes: Dont know about running through bogs and marsh,jumping gates etc as i am now more built for comfort than speed :lol:

I think all of my foxes have took a ferry over your way.I did eventually get out sunday night,i only seen 3 foxes,all sitting watching sheep and all 3 scarpered as soon as the lamp hit them.I will catch up with them but some nights the lucks with you and some it isnt.

More good work done there fellas :lol: Nice colouring on a few of them too.Nice shooting :lol:

Had Magman out for a few(Very successful..as in he,s left me no bucks :rolleyes: )stalks over the weekend and the smell of fox was very strong in a few places.Although talking to the farmer who,s lambing the fields above,nothing has been taken.

This is a bank that usually produces the 1st litter of each year that i take out when i start again in late June early July.So if they behave,they`re safe till then :lol:

You sure are having some trouble with them foxes at the lambs this year John,so needs must..can you remember what sleep is :lol:

There may be poachers having a mooch around john.The farmer said a 4x4 was stuck in one of his fields the otherday but by the time he got there they had got out and just left a mess and a trail of mud down the road.Of course he thought it was me so didnt hurry to have a look :rolleyes: I wont tell you what he said to do to them if i come cross them.Now he wants me to shoot all the hares because he thinks that is what is attracting them.Either that or deer,as we have a lot of them at the moment.

:lol: What's this sleep word you speak of Frank?? Ah no, had last night off, was great, no calls :lol: How're you getting on mate, not spoken in a while! Never seen this many foxes around down here, am sure it's average or below average elsewhere but it's a huge number for this land in my short expierence.

Doing fine John. :lol:

Doing well with my lurcher, getting out a good bit. :lol:

Yes, it does seem their is a population explosion of foxes your way alright... :good: ...ither that, or them hippy animal hospitals that are opening up like mushrooms over here are releasing them from the citys... :blush: ..... :good:

Frank.