Last Summer Squirrel Days

Pykie

I found some photos I took of a couple of walk about days I had with my brother on our pheasant shoot last year. The first was taken at the start of August when we went on a patrol for some squirrels. It was a really hot day and we split up to cover more ground, having shot a squirrel each soon after arriving. I noticed fresh markings near some fox earths and happened to look up to see an orange blur scramble through the ferns. I waited for an opening to identify the creature and saw a fox cub bolt into cover. I fired a quick double barrel and fifteen yards away lay the little Charlie! My brother couldn't believe it when I met him at the end of the wood. He shot another squirrel which landed in the river which I fished out for him. Great few hours walk with a great surprise kill! ???

post-11726-1238862630.jpg

post-11726-1238863669.jpg

We then went a few weeks later, again on a squirrel shooting walk and had our best number in one day to date - 10 squirrels. We shot five each, two of Steves though fell into thick cover and couldnt be picked up. I am proud to say I didnt let one tree rat escape me, though one took three shots before I got him :good:

post-11726-1238862771.jpg

• 8 years later...
  • 5 months later...