OU Yeoman

Axel

Hello fellow-pigeon chasers! Has anyone ever owned/used a Yeoman OU 12-bore? I use an AYA SS & SB for my pigeon/rabbit work but I'm thinking of having a go at clays and thought I might get an OU as well (without taking out a second mortgage of course!) I like AYA generally and after spotting a couple for sale on the Gun Trader web site at a reasonable price, I wondered if any of you had any experience of the gun? Any thoughts gratefully received, cheers. Clipper.

PS 6/4/05. Just got back from some leave and read all your contributions. Many thanks to all of you. My local gunshop has one but told me not to bother as they werent much good. My local gunsmith said they were ok but had a couple of problems relating to the cocking and the gun trying to open when fired (yes, that does sound weird doesnt it). The one in the gunshop in question is pretty cheap so I think I'll go and play with it. Thanks for all your thoughts etc. Clipper.

PPS, 11/4/05. Further long chat to local gunshop owner who explained why he didnt rate them that much ie they were made when AYA was in a consortium for a brief time (I think in the 50's/60's?) and the Yeoman OU wasnt actually made by AYA, just badged AYA, he said. Also added, that the crossbolt locking system could be very tight and lock-up, or work loose as quickly. He sounded as though he knew what he was saying, so I am going for another AYA SS instead. Cheers to all, Clipper

Edited by Axel

hi axel bought one cheap when the foot & mouth was about with the intension of selling later on. very sound easy to shoot gun. also got s/s yoeman neaver can be faulted good all round guns.ps could have made a good profit but i cant seem to part with my guns. quite a collection now :beer:

Hi, I had a AYA yoeman o/u when they first came out, got rid about 3yrs ago. Good little gun, no problems with it. I believe they arent made anymore, are spares easy to come by? how much is it going for?I wouldn't pay more than £250 top whack, and for that it would need to be in very good condition, with all it's chokes

• 2 weeks later...