My Dogs Died

Rimfire

Hi Guys,

I have recently returned from business in the US to find that my dog had died. You may remember from previous posts that I had a Utonagan, whilst not a field dog I thought I would share this with you as it is a rare breed of dog and a dashing good looker.

Apparently it slipped out of the garden unoticed by my wife last Wednesday morning when it befriened another dog. Unfortunately one of the local boy racers turned off the main road at high speed onto our country lane and hit him. Initially he seemed ok as he ran indoors and lay on his bed. My wife took him to the vets but he died later that afternoon.

My sister-in-law phoned me to let me know and I completely lost it. I managed to get an earlier flight home to comfort my wife, who is also totally distraught. He was one of a kind and I miss him so much.

I am now finding extra comfort in my springer, Flint. I am sure the pain will pass but right now I don't think so.

Regards to all

Rimfire

So sorry to hear that Rimfire, it must be worse when the dog is young and healthy and dies unexpectedly from an accident.

My two were 12 and 14 this month so I know that sooner rather than later one of them is going to go but nevertheless it will still be a great loss.

Thanks Guys,

Ernyha, I understand your thoughts. We had such high hopes for Storm. He had been attending training classes and was going on to agility classes and we intended to breed from him to improve the breed as he was a dog that very closely matched the breed standard. Our forthcoming holidays were all planned around him being there, its such a sad, sad disaster.

This is not going away easily.

Thanks to you all for your thoughts.

Regards

Rimfire

im sorry to hear about your dog ,it`s a horrible thing to happen ,i had to p t s my lurcher on thursday she had cancer and there was nothing that could be done ,but as lurcher boy say`s get another one not to replace the dog you have lost but it does help ,i have a terrier pup here who is helping every one get over the loss of the lurcher

cheers

the ferreter

My sympathies are with you mate...

I lost a Welsh Springer at 7 months old back in 84 under similar circumstances.

He was such a lovely Dog, followed me out of the gate and tried to run across the busy road.. poor dog never had a chance. Nothing can describe the utter feeling of grief I felt that day as I cradled his limp body in my arms. It still saddens me to this day 21 years and several dogs later. I often wonder what might have become of him.

Best wishes.

FM

My regards to you and yours,

Its now only a few months since I nearly lost my little terrier Suki in almost the same way, now pictured on terrier post started by NTTF, to my amazement she’s back in fine form and chasing anything that moves, but at the time of the accident, I was out with her and was almost sick on the spot, so I have a little knowledge of how you must feel at your loss. Time is the only healer and I wish you well.

pavman

:):):)