.22 pellets for 12lb rifle

towney_04

this is my first pcp, well air rifle for a long time. i got a fx cyclone which is .22 cal and 12 lb power. bought some logun penertrators 20 grain, which have a trajectory of a rainbow (they do hit hard and deep thou). My question is what grain of pellet should ibe using as a guidline for a 12lb pcp rifle? even better any suggestions from ppl with fx cyclones. any reccomendatins or help would be great!

Thanks

Simon

try as many different pellets as you can to find the ones that suit your barrel.air arms,bisley super fields,accupels and webley mosqitos would be top of my list.the logun penetrators are a good pellet but are more suited to fac power levels.pcp,s generaly run better on heavy pellets[14-16grains]while springers prefer lighter pellets,for fac you need 16-20+grains.ps dont be put off by pellet shape,my stealth runs hot on rws superpoints out to 30+metres,not something i would normaly recomend but worth experimenting :oops::hmm: :blink:

You can buy a assortment of pellets with about 10 of the most populas pellets usally about 25 of each so you can test see which one is most suited to your gun. Then when you find the type of pellet that is best for you gun when you gun shoots well with one paticular batch buy as many as you can. Don't forget to wash your pellets, dry then oil them for best performance.

The best pellets i have ever used are crossman accupell the groupings are amazing and at 14.3 grains there perfect weight :good: and the penetration is excellent or AGS PPA pointed the are extremely good as PPA stands for Power . Penetration . Accuracy the are light pellets can't quite remember what exact grain but i think they are 12.9 or something around that. Hope this helps. :good: