Camoflage sock or tape

I have used the H S Camo tape to cover my rotor batteries. It sticks like brown stuff to a blanket but peels off clean, I have tried it!  :(

I don't know if heat from the barrels would effect the glue. Try some under the fore end out of sight to see if it's OK.

As for the socks. My mate tried one on his O/U It was a bit too slippery for my liking.

I purchased a camo sleeve for my guns which are o/u and s/s.

First you have to cut a piece out for the triggers and then another piece so the gun will open and shut.

You then find that the sleeve is effectively in two bits.

You decide that the bit that covers the butt and the breech area is a waste of time and throw it away.

All that is left is the piece that slides down the barrels and stops just before the breech.

This piece you persevere with, although it slips around all over the place.

One day, you forget to put it on the barrels.

Amazingly, no pigeons seem to notice, you aren,t scaring and spooking every pigeon for miles.

So, you throw the second bit away as well.

I believe they work wonderfully on automatics. :(

:(  :thumbs: ........Very good Cranfield!...........Nice to see your still taking the "Special" tablets...........I have used a gun sock for a while now,& find them very good. Aswell as camoflague they give the gun a little protection from the damp..........Just a little tip.........when you've cut the gun sock,use tape to cover over all of the shiny bits,& use tape on the end of the barrells,this helps to stop the gun sock moving about.

I use the HS Camo Tape mentioned earlier. It can leave a little residue, but is easily washed of with warm water...........I know things a probably a little tight for you at the moment Cranfield, especially as the private jet needs a lick of paint,but warm water isn't too expensive..........well not if you borrow it off of the next door neighbour,like I do!... :(