X Trail

krazykayaker

Ive got one 2003 model with 99000 on the clock

had a spot of bother with loss of power which turned out to be the air flow meter

they are great shooting trucks if you know yours and the cars limitations.....they would have been fantastic if they had put a low range box in.....

On a run i get up to 40/45 to the gallon.....

I am looking to replace now with a younger one with less miles on.....just have to convince myself..... ;)

Insurance is £265 a year fully comp (old ****** with full no claims) with ecar.

but i also like the vauxhall signum...lol.... decisions decisions...... :good:

shaun

Had an X Trail for a few years, good car but as a shooting vehicle it had too many limitations for me but then it depends on type of shooting you are into.

Three Labs in the back with little space for rest of the gear which had to go on back seat, doggy smell always in car when using for family, back box too low for off road work. eventually bought a Navara Outlaw which solved these problems and the cab stays free of doggy smells. Had an old series 3 Landy which served me well for many years and have now gone back to a long wheelbase Landy for shooting, always loaded and ready to go, fold down bed and cooker fitted.

Would I have another X Trail, yes but as a family car only. In the shooting field with dogs and all the stuff one gathers for shooting the Landrover rules and I will take my Landy where you won't take your shiny new X Trail.

I also think that the Landy adds credibility and have not had many refusals for pigeon shooting when I arrive kitted out for the job.

Gerry

Edited by Mec 9000

Well i had a look at these and decided to buy a Mitsubishi Shogun sport. Much better for offroad. But if your using your x-trail to just drive to the shoot and dont need to drive as much then it will do.

I have over 100,000 of acres to shoot over and needed a reliable car

subaru justy its got a impreza exhaust turbo massive tyres bucket seats iv spent £0000s on it

found out lastr week theres a hole in the fule tank needs another £200 for a new one :good:

and that qualifies you to take the urine out of anyone elses motor :good:

Well i had a look at these and decided to buy a Mitsubishi Shogun sport. Much better for offroad. But if your using your x-trail to just drive to the shoot and dont need to drive as much then it will do.

I have over 100,000 of acres to shoot over and needed a reliable car

You must mean East Anglia .

Harnser .

• 1 month later...

I have a nissan x-trail 2.2 sport, I get 36mph round town, but when I went to France, I had 4 up and I run battlefield tours of the Landing beaches and got 44mpg around the roads of normandy, but back home still get 36mpg but to be honest my trips are usually short, but it is a great motor, and I have had loads of Discovery Tdi,TD5, and the xtrails holds its own.