navarra 4x4 double cab

deadeye

i like the comfort and room in a navarra. i am 6'-2" @ 220 lbs. and in my late fifties and i have test driven both them and the toyota hilux. for an old man the navarra at least for me is more comfortable. it would be my main transport for all around use. i have observed that the navarra is spoken of not too different than as a bast@#d at a family reunion. are there users/owners out there that really like their nissan navarra 4x4? i would like to hear from people who have actually used them extensively and not get an internet knee jerk reaction.

i like a pickup --- they are handy for hauling debris and all of my i could use it for deliveries in my work as well.

many thanks

Edited by deadeye

Hi,

I have a 55 plate Aventura, have had it just over a year and it is superb.

Cannot fault it, I have a snug top with side opening windows so the dogs can travel in the back.

I took some advice and fitted a K&N filter and a power chip to take it to 200 bhp, it pulls much better and the fuel consumption is now very good 36 mpg on a long run and 32 mpg around town.

I would not replace mine with anything else at the moment. I have heard the newer model for some reason is not as economical, and I do more servicing than quoted by Nissan, 18,000 miles between services is too long fo rme although it does take a reasonable amount of oil.

Dave B

• 4 weeks later...

deadeye Firstly I think it's the pre 2007 models that have the bad reputation. The newer models, mine is 18 months old, are far better. I use mine daily and most of that is off road. It gets a hammering as anyone who knows me will testify. It's a work vehicle NOT a chelsea tractor and as such gets WORKED.

I have 2 sets of tyres, the originals that came with the vehicle and are suppossedly AT but are **** and when they wear out, which won't be long even though they've only done what 18k, I'll replace them with something much better. These I only use in the summer months, currently they went on at the begining of April. The other pair are some serious winter off road tyres and as yet they haven't let me down and that's been in some pretty bad conditions.

IMO one of the best puick ups on the market, strong, robust and well comfortable (mine's the Aventura and comes with the full monty). The only downside is the mpg which I can't get above 20 mpg and unfortunately there's an on board computer that keeps telling me that! :lol: Could be because it's an auto and has heavy tyres or maybe my right foot really is made of lead but it's a long way from the manufacturers quoted stats! :hmm:

I've got a 2002, D22, double cab and I love it. I'm 6'5" and have plenty of head space. Fuel is loads better than my old defender. I use it every day off-road and i find it much better than the defender while working on sloping ground, it can also carry a lot more than the defender (which I wouldn't now go back to even though i used to be a landrover addict).

There is an issue with the shell bearings on these old ones, so I replaced mine with a lead content type and upgraded the con-rod bolts to ARP, total cost: £400. I also drive like an old-***: 50mph.

I love it, my wife loves it and the kids love it!

They also look pretty cool :hmm: