how many shotguns?

Hi All,

As a relative newbie to the clay pigeon sport and just applied for my SGC, is there any limit to the number of shotguns i can own? i may be interested in collecting or a different gun for different future pursuits like live quarry, pest control rtc...

Bob.

the only limit as far as i'm aware is the size of your cabinet. if the FLO sees a 4 gun cabinet and you have 15 guns on your SGC he will become a little suspiciouse. i have 4 but i know of some guys who have about 20!!!!

As Taff said, as long as you have room in your cabinet for them then there is no limit on the amount of shotguns you own.

You can have a shotgun because you like it and want it. As long as you can store it in accordance with the law and the approval of the plod you can have it.

That means if you have a room in your house with a steel door and barred windows and the FEO is happy you could fill it with guns.

my feo told me i i had more than 10 i needed a firearms dealers certificate!? was he telling me porkies?

mine said a similar thing, more than 10 and security would need to be upgraded, alarm, dead locks etc. dont know if this is right but he's a fairly easy going bloke and i cant imagine he would ask for more than legally required like some do

mikee

Hi All,

As a relative newbie to the clay pigeon sport and just applied for my SGC, is there any limit to the number of shotguns i can own? i may be interested in collecting or a different gun for different future pursuits like live quarry, pest control rtc...

Bob.

bit confused me self here bob, above it says you have just applied.

this post

obovtipton

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Posts

Posted on: Jun 25 2008, 10:19 PM

Newbie Pigeon Shooter

Group: Members

Member No.: 12413

Hi ,

After Gaining my newly aquired sgc, and subsequent purchase of a cheap s/h over and under i am looking to accompany someone on a shoot, mainly to gain experience before i venture out on my own. Unfortunately, i dont have a car so travelling is limited! but i would willingly pair a chaperone a substantial fee, no problem. I know its a bit like buying friends but hey im desperate!!!!

Kindest regards

Rob

Forum: Off Topic · Post Preview: #539464 · Replies: 3 · Views: 208

says you have just got it.

very confused.

As i have nine guns on my certificate and a 10 gun limit in the cabinet, when i got my certificate i asked what if i want to get 2 more gun (as 3 are actually mine). he said that i would have to put my other cabinet back up (from my previous house) and i have to have the house alarmed.