Nissan Navara pickup

Deako

As I'm now beginning to get really fed up with the disco getting full of mud,blood,feathers,dog hairs,etc, I'm giving serious thought to buying one of these pickups as they would suit me perfectly, but...........before I part with the cash,do any of you lads have one, and if so, how do you rate them?

And please, no abuse from LR owners calling me a traitor, its practicality I'm after. :(

Deako

1st off this is going to be 1 of those post's that DOE'S NOT answer your question. I have never had a nissan pickup, but if they are the same kind of price as a hilux. I can recomend these with two thumbs up . Got one that had been used on the motorways by tarmac. it had 100000's miles on it and got it for a song at the auctions, kept it for 4 years of constant abuse from myself and in 4 years of motoring less insu. tax and fuel . it cost me the grand total of £452 to keep on the road £ 240 or so of which were for boots.Best motor for running costs i've ever had.

sorry that was no use what so ever but,  all the best on your search.

Deako, we use a Hilux,on the estate that I shoot. It's a few years old now, & had to have a few new? parts, which I'm told were fairly expensive.It's a 2.5 dt..........

Good points.....

Pulls really well in low revs, & you can hose the back out........excellent all round vehicle.........especially good mirrors for leaning on with the gun.........or put a seat across the back & shoot off of the roof.

Bad points....

Quite expensive parts(but aint they all).......not much room in the front,for anything but 2 people.

We used the estates defender for lamping the other night, & to be honest,we wasn't impressed with it, & went back to the pickup. I've not been in one of those crewcab pickups yet,but they look the business!