dan arms o/u 12g

Cant say i've heard of those but it looks nice enough,i tried a search on aol but it didnt turn anything up,i,ve got some old shotgun mags here somewere (shooting magizine or somthing like that)from around then so i'll have a flick through and see what i can find

Rabbitstopper i found an add,this is from sept 86,the shop is croydon sporting guns and they have four models for sale:

Dan arms 28" sporting M/C Ej 399

"   "  "   " 28" sporter            258

"   "  "   " 28" sporter N/ej      258

"   "  "   " 28" 20G     N/ej      275

All are new gun prices,there is also a small artical on dan arms cartridges but this only has a passing mention of them making guns,they are/were a Danish firm apparently.Just to give you an idea of prices for other guns at the time the same add has Beretta 686 sporting m/c for 725 quid (this had only just come on the market then hence the 86 part of 686 i think,so was probably  shade on the pricy side), a Bettinsoli 28"m/c ej was 399 and Rizzinis were about 300 quid which are probably about as good a comparison for price as anything,so judging by todays secondhand prices around 250/300 ish perhaps a bit cheaper seing as they arnt as well known.

Dan Arms of America were Importers of shotguns, which were made in Italy by Silma.The Company appears to have ceased trading in 1988.

The top o/u model, multichoke, secondhand in 100% condition is on US websites at around £350.

The next model down (no multichoke), secondhand in 100% condition at around £250.

Anything below 100% condition, gets savagely reduced in price.

I suspect the "secondhand 100% condition" refers to unfired old shop stock, rather than used guns.

The Americans frequently use this expression to mean this.

Ahhhhh Cranfield,things are falling into place,in the same mag there is an add for armi silma (imported by virimco uk)which shows four guns one of which is the spitting image of rabbitstoppers (model 3 70 single trigger sporting gun) perhaps they could have been doing the browning/miroku same gun different name thing.Cranfield,i think we should form a private investigation agency :( we seem to have every angle covered,perhaps you could model yourself on Hetty Weinthropp :laugh:  8-)

All things are only worth, what someone will pay for it.

If it cost you money, then you will want to get that back, plus a reasonable profit, say 20%.

If it cost you nothing, then anything you get for it is a bonus.

Advertise it at £200 and see what happens, or £250 o.n.o.

You can always advertise it again cheaper.

Part exchange is another option, be sure your local gunshop will have a rough idea what THEY could sell it for.

Check out if you have a local "General Auctioneer".

We have and they will auction almost anything.

The Auctioneer will also suggest, what they would expect to get for the gun.

You can put a "reserve" on it, or just let it go, for what he can get.