New website.

Deako

Very professionally set-up site, Deako, someone is to be congratulated.  :(

One nit-picking point;

The price on the decoys could be confusing.

For example, " Wood Pigeon Shell £5.50 each or £5.25 for 10".

I know what you mean, but the word "each" is missing after "£5.25".

One question;

Re. the full bodied decoys with legs, are the legs removable so that you can use them with a spring stick ?

Guest flightline

I like the site a lot and emailed to say so, plus several enquiries, and my email came straight back. This was before you posted, as I`ve been waiting for you to set it all up. :(

William, you raise an interesting, though somewhat naive point.

As you are well aware, the internet is truly global, and as such, interest comes from every quarter, i.e., Brazil, Germany, N.Z., just on this site alone. So it has proved with the decoying site, even though we have only been live for one day. In the US, most people have bag limits, but as you point out, we don't.What's the difference?.....this quote, from the respected American author, George Reiger, may help..."American hunters are always asking themselves " is this or that legal?", while British sportsmen ask whether or not it is "right".

Thats the crux of the issue, in the summer I have 1,000 poults in my release pens, but would I shoot them in the pen?...why do we limit clients to 3 geese each?....why don't we kill baby pigeons on the nest?........because its WRONG.

To suggest withdrawing a duck decoy from sale because an individual might shoot an obscene amount of duck, is EXACTLY the same as saying all guns should be banned because of the Dunblane tragedy....is it not?

Lets not play into the hands of those who wish to see our sport curtailed, firearms and shotgun licence holders are responsible enough to know whats right, without us adding yet more to the 'nanny state' that is Great Britain today.

From a purely business point of view, we are not prepared to have a separate website just for our friends 'across the pond'.

Its a difficult one, Deako.

By asking shooters to exercise "restraint" on the website, you are suggesting that large numbers of mallard, could be shot using your decoys on a rotary device.  

It could be said that you are "naive", for thinking that all duck shooters will show such restraint.

Of course your suggestion of big bags could be a marketing ploy, just to sell some decoys. :(

I also appreciate it is ##############,s decision how and what they wish to sell.

William, thank god we all have different opinions, this site would be a dull place without it. :thumbs:

I don't know if you are aware, but Withrange have been selling the same item for the last couple of years, and it is now being sold by "pigeonmagnet", formerly, "withrange Ltd".

As far as I am aware, there has only been one recorded case of abuse of this decoy, and its not down to the product, its the individual using it. :D

Electronic callers are far more of a menace and I know they are used by some 'cowboy' guides........they, and their clients stand to lose their certificates if caught.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree, and let it ride for now.  :thumbs: ..........but did you like the OTHER stuff?.  :(

Good discussion about the pigeon and duck decoys

I dont really know that much about duck shooting but I would have thought that there is a difference in so much that duck shooting in the UK is usually done over marsh and flight ponds

and is mainly done at first light and evening flights

The ducks are going to come to a particular pre determined  feeding ground each evening to feed and rest up for the night whether or not there are decoys on the pond and the decoy just gives them reassurance that it is safe to land

I wouldnt have thought that they fly around all over the countryside just looking for other ducks feeding and then all decide to land like pigeons do

Wildfowlers have been using decoys long before pigeon decoying was even thought of

There are certain estates in the UK which have great big lakes on them and not so long ago these lakes were used to catch wildfowl by the thousand by using decoys to get the ducks to swim into tunnels of netting

:what:  :S

What are the pigeon shell decoys on this web site constructed of (rubber or plastic)? My buddy has some old Wood Pigeon rubber decoys. Once again, an American dollar equals how much of those funny "L's"?  Yens, pounds, francs (can't even spell them)….. my last experience with these was 20 years ago!  Nice site, wish I had one here with pigeon accessories.